Used 2004 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

Goodbye Honda!
By T. Everhamn

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Traded a Honda Accord which had problem after problem for the Crown Victoria after having rented one on a business trip. I will say I did hear a few comments from the family after doing so. But I now have a reliable and very safe car. Truly the most overlooked vehicle on the road.

Favorite Features

The very comfortable ride. Never knew a car could have so much room inside. Reliable, haven't had any mechanical issues at all.

Suggested Improvements

I have to stretch to change a CD in the radio/tape/CD player.

Consider the CV
By Bill

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was trying to find a clean used Marauder, but no luck, so I found the CV LX Sport. It is a great vehicle. Solid, quiet, large cabin, great controls with the Sport package. Nice ride quality and decent mileage for a V8. Huge trunk. Absolutely no problems to date. The 4.6 SOHC is OK, but Ford should consider putting an optional 5.4 SOHC performance motor in it, but I think that they are phasing out the "Panther Platform" pretty soon. A great value in a full sized car.

Favorite Features

Sport package with bucket seats and center console. Rear sway bar and dual exhaust. Keyless code entry on drivers door. Leather seats and trim. ABS braking and alloy wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Optional higher output motor.

By Sean

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

An excellent car for the money! Fun to drive for a large car, good on gas (average 22mpg on the highway- and I don't drive slow). Very safe feel to it in all weather conditions. Lots of guts, it's no slug! Only complaint is the headlights are not as bright as other cars I've owned, but a good set of aftermarket fog lamps and problem solved.

Favorite Features

Stereo, HVAC, Cruise Control on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Just a few more adjustments in the power seats along with memory positions for other drivers.

Best Car Ever!
By Ottis Spunkmier

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my LX in May '04 used with 19,000 miles on it for $13,500. It had EVERY option except a moon roof and leather (not a big fan of leather). I took a round trip of the U.S. in it going from Fl. to L.A. to WI. and back home to Fl. 9,000 miles total in 2 weeks only. Car ran perfect, was super comfy, and other cars got out of my way on the interstate. Get Mich Hydro Edege tires, they make this vehile perform flawlessly in any weather condition. Vehile was just totaled out due to a driver of an F-150 running a light. Other than air bag deployment, there was no interior damage. The crush zones work really well. I will most likely be geting another, I miss mine really bad.

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Fog lights like the Maurader, more space on the hump between passenger and driver (dash takes up to much space). Also DOHC engine, a memory button for more than 1 driver. And the biggest need to fix, the headlights. The headlight output is so bad I had to drive with brights on all the time.

great car
By val clayton

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

What a great car! If more people would drive the Crown Vic more would love it! Good mileage great seats and control placement. Lots of power and oh so quiet.

Favorite Features

Comfort, room and build quality!

Suggested Improvements

A light for analog panel indicating cruise control is activated.