2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
Big Ford
By JTRAIN369 on 12/24/08 16:13 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this Ford a year ago and it now has 65,000 miles on it. Everything works is the best running and most comfortable car I have owned. I get 30 mpg on the highway and 20 running around town. Love sitting at stop lights and young kids in little sports cars wanna run them. They get a quick surprise when all they see are my tail lights. I love my big Ford with the huge bench seat and the trunk you can put a small compact in.

Great bang for the buck
By Bang for the buck on 10/13/08 06:01 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Others rate fuel economy as poor yet this car will give you 35 mpg Cdn (28 US). Try it. Non interstate routes 60 mph (Ottawa to Orillia and return) passing normally, booted it twice and got 34 mph. Amazing car and it's about as fast as a Hemi PU truck. Pricing is fantastic. $20,000 Cdn for a $41,000 car a year old and about 20,000 miles. Look at the whitest model and you will see one of the most beautiful cars around plus others will pull over and let you pass. Wearing a hat helps. There is nothing like the sound of a V8 as you all know.

My 11th Crown Vic in 19 Years
By H P on 07/22/08 08:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

As a sales representative in Metro Detroit for over 20 years, the Crown Victoria has been perfect. Roomy, reliable, attractive with LX chrome, wheels and whitewalls. The Crown Victoria has never made too much of a "statement" to customers. This is fine product of the Ford Motor Company exudes the reliable American car driving experience. I hope Mr. Mulally and his team keep full-size rear wheel drive sedan products in the Ford lineup forever.

Tons of unexpected fun!
By Thinker99 on 05/29/08 11:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Yeah, we all know that we'll get called "Grandpa" for driving one of these but it's serious fun. Mine is deep grey/black, dual-exhaust and all tinted. Watching all those speeders suddenly slow down is a laugh, and this beast has endless power. The styling is good, mileage is surprisingly good for a large car, and its super safe and comfortable. They might call me Grandpa, but I'm enjoying every moment on the road with a big smile on my face.

The Only Car
By BCH on 01/04/08 21:38 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Being a 22 yr old college student, I needed a vehicle that was reliable, comfortable on those long trips to and from school, and had a low ownership cost (low cost to buy, maintain, and insure). I purchased the 04 Crown Vic off of an individual who had bought the car new. The CV is a bargain and does everything I expected and more. On long trips I can expect 30-32 mpg and around town low 20's. The fuel economy is on par with many 6 cylinder mid-sized sedans. So why not go for more room, more comfort, and 8 cylinder performance? And when some unsuspecting smart alec pops off about it being a "granny car" I simply unleash the Triton V-8 and that shuts them up. A great value and a great car!

Goodbye Honda!
By T. Everhamn on 06/15/07 22:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Traded a Honda Accord which had problem after problem for the Crown Victoria after having rented one on a business trip. I will say I did hear a few comments from the family after doing so. But I now have a reliable and very safe car. Truly the most overlooked vehicle on the road.

Consider the CV
By Bill on 05/09/07 10:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was trying to find a clean used Marauder, but no luck, so I found the CV LX Sport. It is a great vehicle. Solid, quiet, large cabin, great controls with the Sport package. Nice ride quality and decent mileage for a V8. Huge trunk. Absolutely no problems to date. The 4.6 SOHC is OK, but Ford should consider putting an optional 5.4 SOHC performance motor in it, but I think that they are phasing out the "Panther Platform" pretty soon. A great value in a full sized car.

By Sean on 02/25/07 18:17 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

An excellent car for the money! Fun to drive for a large car, good on gas (average 22mpg on the highway- and I don't drive slow). Very safe feel to it in all weather conditions. Lots of guts, it's no slug! Only complaint is the headlights are not as bright as other cars I've owned, but a good set of aftermarket fog lamps and problem solved.

Best Car Ever!
By Ottis Spunkmier on 09/30/06 00:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my LX in May '04 used with 19,000 miles on it for $13,500. It had EVERY option except a moon roof and leather (not a big fan of leather). I took a round trip of the U.S. in it going from Fl. to L.A. to WI. and back home to Fl. 9,000 miles total in 2 weeks only. Car ran perfect, was super comfy, and other cars got out of my way on the interstate. Get Mich Hydro Edege tires, they make this vehile perform flawlessly in any weather condition. Vehile was just totaled out due to a driver of an F-150 running a light. Other than air bag deployment, there was no interior damage. The crush zones work really well. I will most likely be geting another, I miss mine really bad.

great car
By val clayton on 07/16/06 22:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

What a great car! If more people would drive the Crown Vic more would love it! Good mileage great seats and control placement. Lots of power and oh so quiet.