Used 2004 Ford Crown Victoria Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
Simply said, the best car I've ever owned!
By mmckimmey on 02/11/15 12:15 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I cannot say enough about the Crown Victoria. I bought my 2004 two years ago with 148k on the clock. Since then, the only non-maintenance items I've had to replace was driveshaft u-joints, and a cooling fan. Today, the car sits at 181,500 miles. This thing can take a serious beating and not even care! It's super comfortable. The ultimate highway car! Crazy amounts of torque! Most passing maneuvers don't even require a down shift. Parts are really really cheap and easy to find. Largest trunk in the universe! What's not to like? Well the gas mileage is meh, but you should expect that coming into it. Long live the Crown Victoria, its Panther siblings, and the Modular V8!

Fun to drive, Police Interceptor
By hinderrocks25 on 03/03/13 07:08 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

the 2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor is a big car that is fun to drive and has pretty good power for such a big car. However this year of car has a common problem of headlight failure due to the lighting control module. If you are going to buy one of these cars make sure the headlights work! and not just intermittently. Also about a week after buying this car with 123k miles on it the shocks that hold the hood open failed and now it slowly shuts the hood down so u have to hold it up with your hands. Also when pulling the lever to open the hood it doesn't open the hood all the way and u have to pry it open with something just to unlock the latch. Make sure you inspect it good b4 buying.

Get a P71
By P71inVA on 05/21/08 07:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have nothing but good things to say about my ownership experience with my black police interceptor. This car has good power, turns heads, rides like a Cadillac and has been very reliable. Of course, the police package has beefed up components but from other reviews all Crown Vics seem to be well built. You can find these cars on the used car market cheap, and if you find a well kept P71, get it!

Excellent Car
By Gary S on 05/07/08 22:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This was my first new car. At age 54, I had only driven used cars and decided to treat myself to a new one. Mine was a left-over 2004 model that I bought in early 2005 at a very steep discount. It's the cheapie base model, but who cares, I don't next extra plasti-chrome or fancy wheels. It's got a simple presentation but that's to my liking; I don't need extra cup holders or cargo nets or any of that fluffy stuff. Everything in mine is simple, like analog instruments, manual heat/def. controls, etc.

Best Vehicle for the Money!
By notch9 on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Mine is a base '04, with every option. Very comfortable, very economical, very reliable, and very safe. Sharp looking car, too!

my car
By jim mc cool on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i especially like the rear wheel drive and performance of the engine and the roominess inside and also the large trunk

MORE BAN FOR YOUR BUCK
By COPPEERHEAD on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Fantastic large car, nimble for its siz and weight. Large cavernous trunk, perfect for travelling. I don't get tired as easy because of the adjustable seating for the driver. All controls are within eay reach and entry and egress is easier than in most cars. My experience so far has me convinced that Ford is doing something right.

Cruisin in a Crown Vic
By The Shield on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Flyin down the highway with little or no worries.... A very dependable full size sedan!