2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
Police Interceptor
By automaniac9 on 02/28/14 12:54 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is great value for the money, especially used; that's if you find the perfect one. Now, this being a police version, it does ride a lot firmer than the standard car, but since the seats are so comfortable, it almost doesn't matter. Being a police spec car also means that it gets all the powertrain improvements over even the LX Sport. I was even lucky enough to get one with matching seats. The wheels on the car do rust quite easily; my car has 159000 miles and there is quite a bit of rust on each rim. The power delivery is very broad in this car, but I found that it loses power when getting close to the redline. It corners pretty flat, but it's easy to upset, especially in the rain.

Fun to drive, Police Interceptor
By hinderrocks25 on 03/03/13 07:08 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

the 2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor is a big car that is fun to drive and has pretty good power for such a big car. However this year of car has a common problem of headlight failure due to the lighting control module. If you are going to buy one of these cars make sure the headlights work! and not just intermittently. Also about a week after buying this car with 123k miles on it the shocks that hold the hood open failed and now it slowly shuts the hood down so u have to hold it up with your hands. Also when pulling the lever to open the hood it doesn't open the hood all the way and u have to pry it open with something just to unlock the latch. Make sure you inspect it good b4 buying.

Big Ford
By JTRAIN369 on 12/24/08 16:13 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this Ford a year ago and it now has 65,000 miles on it. Everything works is the best running and most comfortable car I have owned. I get 30 mpg on the highway and 20 running around town. Love sitting at stop lights and young kids in little sports cars wanna run them. They get a quick surprise when all they see are my tail lights. I love my big Ford with the huge bench seat and the trunk you can put a small compact in.

Great bang for the buck
By Bang for the buck on 10/13/08 06:01 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Others rate fuel economy as poor yet this car will give you 35 mpg Cdn (28 US). Try it. Non interstate routes 60 mph (Ottawa to Orillia and return) passing normally, booted it twice and got 34 mph. Amazing car and it's about as fast as a Hemi PU truck. Pricing is fantastic. $20,000 Cdn for a $41,000 car a year old and about 20,000 miles. Look at the whitest model and you will see one of the most beautiful cars around plus others will pull over and let you pass. Wearing a hat helps. There is nothing like the sound of a V8 as you all know.

My 11th Crown Vic in 19 Years
By H P on 07/22/08 08:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

As a sales representative in Metro Detroit for over 20 years, the Crown Victoria has been perfect. Roomy, reliable, attractive with LX chrome, wheels and whitewalls. The Crown Victoria has never made too much of a "statement" to customers. This is fine product of the Ford Motor Company exudes the reliable American car driving experience. I hope Mr. Mulally and his team keep full-size rear wheel drive sedan products in the Ford lineup forever.

Tons of unexpected fun!
By Thinker99 on 05/29/08 11:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Yeah, we all know that we'll get called "Grandpa" for driving one of these but it's serious fun. Mine is deep grey/black, dual-exhaust and all tinted. Watching all those speeders suddenly slow down is a laugh, and this beast has endless power. The styling is good, mileage is surprisingly good for a large car, and its super safe and comfortable. They might call me Grandpa, but I'm enjoying every moment on the road with a big smile on my face.

Get a P71
By P71inVA on 05/21/08 07:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have nothing but good things to say about my ownership experience with my black police interceptor. This car has good power, turns heads, rides like a Cadillac and has been very reliable. Of course, the police package has beefed up components but from other reviews all Crown Vics seem to be well built. You can find these cars on the used car market cheap, and if you find a well kept P71, get it!

Excellent Car
By Gary S on 05/07/08 22:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This was my first new car. At age 54, I had only driven used cars and decided to treat myself to a new one. Mine was a left-over 2004 model that I bought in early 2005 at a very steep discount. It's the cheapie base model, but who cares, I don't next extra plasti-chrome or fancy wheels. It's got a simple presentation but that's to my liking; I don't need extra cup holders or cargo nets or any of that fluffy stuff. Everything in mine is simple, like analog instruments, manual heat/def. controls, etc.

The Only Car
By BCH on 01/04/08 21:38 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Being a 22 yr old college student, I needed a vehicle that was reliable, comfortable on those long trips to and from school, and had a low ownership cost (low cost to buy, maintain, and insure). I purchased the 04 Crown Vic off of an individual who had bought the car new. The CV is a bargain and does everything I expected and more. On long trips I can expect 30-32 mpg and around town low 20's. The fuel economy is on par with many 6 cylinder mid-sized sedans. So why not go for more room, more comfort, and 8 cylinder performance? And when some unsuspecting smart alec pops off about it being a "granny car" I simply unleash the Triton V-8 and that shuts them up. A great value and a great car!

Goodbye Honda!
By T. Everhamn on 06/15/07 22:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Traded a Honda Accord which had problem after problem for the Crown Victoria after having rented one on a business trip. I will say I did hear a few comments from the family after doing so. But I now have a reliable and very safe car. Truly the most overlooked vehicle on the road.