Nothing more than True Engineering
By AJ on
2003 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
Everyone in my family either has this car, or has had one. As a previous owner of 3 of these cars (2 police editions, and 1 base version), I cannot state how reliable and dependable this car is. The thing I truly love about this car, and cannot stress this enough, is that it is true quality engineering for the American car makers. I don't even believe Asian/European car makers can come close to how awesome of a car this is. Yes, the car is practically a submarine on wheels with its size and looks, and the entire isn't anything fancy. But what this is, is no stupid computers that break down, just quality mechanical engineering, and we truly need more of these types of cars now!
Favorite Features
My family currently has 2 of these, and about 7 in the past. All of them can go up to 200-350K miles on them, with the same engine and transmission with only basic care. Amazing handling, performance is NEVER a let down, reliability is unbeatable, and if truly just a drivers car!
Suggested Improvements
Despite it being a 4.6L V8, it gets decent gas mileage, however with gas prices I doubt much people will be drawn to this. The only thing I would like more of, is the interior. The interior hasn't changed much in my opinion in over a decade, vintage but tiring.