2003 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Review: My blue-collar Bentley

2003 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

My blue-collar Bentley
By Heroic Oaf on

2003 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We've had this car for almost a year as of this writing and are very, very satisfied with its performance and comfort. Large, yet modest. Doesn't leak a drop of nothin', except a/c condensation. Yes, we did have to replace a rear axle shaft a few months in, but flawless otherwise. Though it gets a lousy 12 mpg in the city, it gets 28 to 30 on the highway - incredible! And that's with three adult-sized people with luggage. Smooth as honey on the interstate.

Heck,I like all the features we've got (it was a fleet vehicle, so it was not overly loaded).

Those cupholders are really pathetic - gotta improve on that. Wish I had more room at the front trans bump, so I could put a coin caddy there (or a decent cupholder!) And find a way to keep the rain out of the trunk when you have to open it!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By smoo4asw
on 06/08/14 12:36 PM (PDT)

Our F-150 does everything your Crown Victoria does, three adult-sized people with luggage, although we have to put our luggage in bins in case it rains. We love the basic yet reliable as a tack V8 engine (which they're part of the same family) and we love how it "just works", unlike a lot of contemporaneous Chrysler products.