Used 2003 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

great car
By sharpdress

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great road car. Very comfortable, quiet and responsive. Good gas mileage-never below 20mpg even in city. Open road always 25mpg or better.

Big, deep leather seats, smooth ride,great control and breaking.

No complaints. Very disappointed to learn this car no longer available to public -- only fleet sales. Why?????? I would buy new again!!!!

best car i,ve ever owend
By jim

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i bought my crown vic 2yrs ago ai ilove it it,s th best car i ever bought it had only 47579 on it when i got it it rides an handle very good its iceblue mat; i get 20 mpg around townit get up an go when i want it to go ihave it service every 3000 or les thanks ford for builtin a great car

th stereo system great sound

none sorry they stop makin them for public

Surprisingly Ideal
By Benton S

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my green/grey LX because I wanted something more reliable for a long commute, but it turned into something much more fun. I'm from an area where winter takes over half the year, and have experienced a fair number of fender benders that haven't left a mark! Reasonable fuel economy and luxurious roomy interior makes my car a favorite for road trips, V8 power makes passing a breeze, and the spacious truck can easily haul anything I could ever want. Being a 20 yr old student, I didn't think I'd love this land-yacht so much. But no cops pull me over because they think I'm a ghost car, and nobody passes me for the same reason! Talk about added safety features. I don't think I'll ever sell.

Comfortable seating, lots of truck space, plenty of power, and my particular vehicle is loaded with features! Overall, the best, most reliable car I've ever owned by far.

Fuel economy in the city is disappointingly low, (around 16mpg) and the headlights are dimmer than I would like, as they've started to cloud. Also, it is a full size sedan, so it's not quite as appealing to the eye as a 20 year old would like.

Classic American V8 road car
By crunkcar

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is so comfortable for long trips that I prefer to drive 12 hours rather than take a 2 hour flight. When I turn the key, the satisfying V8 burble soothes my ears and I wonder how anyone can stand the sewing machine whine of a V4 Japanese engine in a cramped little Honda or Toyota. The dashboard is plain and functional- oil gauge, temp gauge, and a speedometer, with a compass above the rear view mirror; there are none of the electronic gimmicks that other cars are tricked out with.

Big trunk, big passenger compartment, smooth ride.

Make the horn louder and more aggressive, to almost sound like a police siren. That would make the sight of this large car even more intimidating to other drivers.

Good car
By Mike T

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

No real problems so far. Generally good performance & economy. At 73000 km both are starting to slip a bit but it's due for a tune up & sits a lot, so ethanol in fuel could be playing havoc with injectors. In warmer seasons,gets about 20 mpg city cdn & 30-33 on hwy. Wife has severe back problems & finds car very comfortable. But ride could be smoother. As someone else said, trunk lid holds water & soaks you when you open it. Pins & bushings in front door hinges worn out. Car is very well maintained - go figure? For 1/2-1/3 price of high end used import, take the Vic! Read consumer info! Fuel consumption in line with larger imports. With proper maintenance, I expect to have it a long time.

Comfort, reliability, decent fuel economy, style. Closest thing to real cars of the 50's &60's.

Harder hinge pins & bushings in doors. Better drainage of trunk lid. Soften the ride. Get rid of GM style starter & go back to old Ford positive engagement style starter. Performance gurus often converted to Ford style - fender mounted relays to solve hot cranking problems!