2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
great car
By sharpdress on 07/20/09 16:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great road car. Very comfortable, quiet and responsive. Good gas mileage-never below 20mpg even in city. Open road always 25mpg or better.

best car i,ve ever owend
By jim on 06/03/09 19:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i bought my crown vic 2yrs ago ai ilove it it,s th best car i ever bought it had only 47579 on it when i got it it rides an handle very good its iceblue mat; i get 20 mpg around townit get up an go when i want it to go ihave it service every 3000 or les thanks ford for builtin a great car

Surprisingly Ideal
By Benton S on 02/23/09 23:53 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my green/grey LX because I wanted something more reliable for a long commute, but it turned into something much more fun. I'm from an area where winter takes over half the year, and have experienced a fair number of fender benders that haven't left a mark! Reasonable fuel economy and luxurious roomy interior makes my car a favorite for road trips, V8 power makes passing a breeze, and the spacious truck can easily haul anything I could ever want. Being a 20 yr old student, I didn't think I'd love this land-yacht so much. But no cops pull me over because they think I'm a ghost car, and nobody passes me for the same reason! Talk about added safety features. I don't think I'll ever sell.

Classic American V8 road car
By crunkcar on 12/09/08 10:14 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is so comfortable for long trips that I prefer to drive 12 hours rather than take a 2 hour flight. When I turn the key, the satisfying V8 burble soothes my ears and I wonder how anyone can stand the sewing machine whine of a V4 Japanese engine in a cramped little Honda or Toyota. The dashboard is plain and functional- oil gauge, temp gauge, and a speedometer, with a compass above the rear view mirror; there are none of the electronic gimmicks that other cars are tricked out with.

Good car
By Mike T on 12/04/08 08:02 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

No real problems so far. Generally good performance & economy. At 73000 km both are starting to slip a bit but it's due for a tune up & sits a lot, so ethanol in fuel could be playing havoc with injectors. In warmer seasons,gets about 20 mpg city cdn & 30-33 on hwy. Wife has severe back problems & finds car very comfortable. But ride could be smoother. As someone else said, trunk lid holds water & soaks you when you open it. Pins & bushings in front door hinges worn out. Car is very well maintained - go figure? For 1/2-1/3 price of high end used import, take the Vic! Read consumer info! Fuel consumption in line with larger imports. With proper maintenance, I expect to have it a long time.

Great car
By bob cox on 02/13/08 09:11 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this car new after owning a couple of Tauruses, a Sable and a Grand Marquis. I chose the Sport package and it is awesome. The power, handling and seating is so much better than the Grand Marquis. This car has done 90,000 miles, both long trips and local driving and has only had one non- maintenance repair, the rear air suspension compressor at 60,000 miles. Fuel mileage is consistently in the 26 mpg range even with the lower differential gearing of the Sport pkg. I'm in process of buying a 7000 mile 2006 LX Sport to replace it. Best car I've ever owned.

Owner
By Lee on 10/12/07 17:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Rear axles went bad 2 months after warranty was past, but less than 36,000 miles. The car was on recall for this problem if it was a fleet vehicle, but not for a private owner. Rotors went out of shape at 39,500 miles. Wind noise around the front doors at highway speeds. It's interesting that Ford now gives longer warrantys for the same car. Is Ford hurting? No more Fords for me

Awesome vehicle
By John on 05/22/07 05:46 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this car from 22,000 miles, now have 86,000, all trouble free. I've taken it on several road trips, even went camping (the trunk fit tents, 4 sleeping bags, a cooler, and a camp grill). I bought the car back when I worked at a Ford dealership, because I had seen how well built they are, and how rarely they had any serious concerns. I intend to keep it for a long time. Some reviews on here talk about weak brakes, but I've never had any trouble bringing it to a quick stop

Comfort, safety, beauty
By Hazel F on 05/15/07 20:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned it for 1 year now. Have had no trouble at all. I'm a tall heavy woman and the electronic adjustable seats are wonderful. Love to take it on long trips. Gas mileage about 27 mpg. Not bad for this size car.

Good travelin' car
By Nathan on 05/24/06 17:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought an 03 Crown Vic LX Sport for the trunk and low-tech V8. I'm young and wanted the sport for the console and more aggressive look. Have had only minor problems (brakes) in 70K miles. Did have to replace the AC control unit ($900) when it went out at 60K. Best mileage on a tank was 23, mostly highway. Tires are a little pricey. Also seems a little hard to control at speed in the wind.