2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
CROWN VIC "THE BEST"
By Jerry Lawrence on 02/11/10 12:56 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Being a paraplegic and towing a small travel trailer this car meets my needs.It has plenty of power but as soon as you take it out of over drive pulling the trailer you mpg takes a nose dive.The Crown is still one of the finest looking cars on the road!I love it!

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Interceptor
By Luigi on 02/09/10 20:10 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Forget it, this car by far is the best car that i have owned. Every aspect of this vehicle adds up to it's greatness. At the beginning i was a bit concerned about mpg, reliability, and comfort. I drove from New York to Vermont, last exit before Canada. I got 28.5 miles a gallon, even with the heat on. Have you seen the size of this car? It could be -30 degrees like it was out there and it started up right away no flaus and the heat of thr summer up to 105 degrees, no problem. This car offers a smooth ride, and fun to drive. I Love This Car.

Nothing more than True Engineering
By AJ on 08/27/09 16:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Everyone in my family either has this car, or has had one. As a previous owner of 3 of these cars (2 police editions, and 1 base version), I cannot state how reliable and dependable this car is. The thing I truly love about this car, and cannot stress this enough, is that it is true quality engineering for the American car makers. I don't even believe Asian/European car makers can come close to how awesome of a car this is. Yes, the car is practically a submarine on wheels with its size and looks, and the entire isn't anything fancy. But what this is, is no stupid computers that break down, just quality mechanical engineering, and we truly need more of these types of cars now!

My blue-collar Bentley
By Heroic Oaf on 06/20/09 13:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We've had this car for almost a year as of this writing and are very, very satisfied with its performance and comfort. Large, yet modest. Doesn't leak a drop of nothin', except a/c condensation. Yes, we did have to replace a rear axle shaft a few months in, but flawless otherwise. Though it gets a lousy 12 mpg in the city, it gets 28 to 30 on the highway - incredible! And that's with three adult-sized people with luggage. Smooth as honey on the interstate.

a few more adjustments...
By Jeff on 09/12/06 22:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've had three Vics (85,89,03). I like the room (I'm 6-3). You can fit two child seats in back and still squeeze someone in between. And the safety of a larger car-it can take a decent thump. The car "sits" nicely on the road (not a "boat"). Aerodynamically quiet-I can have the windows down at 55 and the air flows quietly around the car. Unfortunately, the noise I do hear comes from the tranny (my '89 was the same way!) a sort of low pitched whine - like blowing across the top of a nearly full soda bottle.Another peeve is the way the trunk lid holds water until you open it, then it drips into the trunk and on your head. Gets about 20mpg on 300 mi./wk. mostly rural, varied. Not too bad!

best all around
By pete on 02/24/06 12:27 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ride and handling are excellent but not for long trips. Bucket seats should be standard on all models as well as a gps system for police models. Otherwise leave well enough alone and keep making a quality product. I love my "Vic."

No other car like this.
By yuriy on 12/02/05 18:26 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought LX Sport 2003 for 40% off MSRP used and enjoy every moment of ride. It is a lot of car for money. I have all luxury options, excluding only heated seats and sun roof. I like firm suspension, handling, amazing passing power on high speeds. Car is big and VERY comfortable. On negative side has more inside noise than my 10 year old Grand Marquis. Since mine is black, have to mention police car effect on the road.

Poor Dealer Service & Concern
By George B on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Too much wind turbelence and had defective steering box, replaced at 2000 miles, damaged arm rest, they installed one with a fabric that did not match. AC had leak and would not cool properly-dealer is rated tops in south but wonder why as too many complaints and mad people when you visit. Requires one to fill out survey about service when vehicle is picked but tell you what you report goes against service writer. That way they manipulate the owner into giving them a good review.

FRONT SEAT PROBLEMS
By REDBIRD on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

GREAT CAR EXCEPT FOR FRONT SEAT. I AM A MALE WHO WHEIGHS 260LBS AND FIND THAT ON LONG DRIVES THE FRONT SEAT BECOMES VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. DID A RECENT SURVEY WALKING ACROSS PARKING LOTS AND NOTICED THAT 95% OF THESE CARS HAVE PILLOWS OR SOME TYPE OF CUSHONING ON THE SEAT. WHAT A SHAME FORD. BAD ENOUGH FOR ME TO WANT TO SELL CAR. HAVE 2 OTHER CARS THAT HAVE NO PROBLEM AT ALL IN THIS AREA.

Safe!!! Reliable.
By PolishPaul on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We've been buying CVs for many years and owned at least 4 or 5. We currently own 2. What makes it great is its safety, it is constructed on a metal frame/foundation. My mother was in accident in which she was rearended and smashed from the front. The other cars were wrecked, the CV was fine and no one was seriously hurt. My father will not drive any other car and i definetly agree with him. Best part is people assume youre a police cruiser and tend to get out of your way. I'd reccomend this car for anyone in the market for such a vehicle. The only negative is people who get car sick will get sick quicker due to its smooth ride.