Used 2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

CROWN VIC "THE BEST"
By Jerry Lawrence

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Being a paraplegic and towing a small travel trailer this car meets my needs.It has plenty of power but as soon as you take it out of over drive pulling the trailer you mpg takes a nose dive.The Crown is still one of the finest looking cars on the road!I love it!

The room,the looks and the four speed tranny along with the ride and sound system.

Better quality mag wheels and better mileage for trailer pulling.Improved head lights.Better quality cloth seats.

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Interceptor
By Luigi

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Forget it, this car by far is the best car that i have owned. Every aspect of this vehicle adds up to it's greatness. At the beginning i was a bit concerned about mpg, reliability, and comfort. I drove from New York to Vermont, last exit before Canada. I got 28.5 miles a gallon, even with the heat on. Have you seen the size of this car? It could be -30 degrees like it was out there and it started up right away no flaus and the heat of thr summer up to 105 degrees, no problem. This car offers a smooth ride, and fun to drive. I Love This Car.

My favorite feature is the available power when i need it the most.

The only improvement that i could think of is the interior should be more attractive.

Nothing more than True Engineering
By AJ

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Everyone in my family either has this car, or has had one. As a previous owner of 3 of these cars (2 police editions, and 1 base version), I cannot state how reliable and dependable this car is. The thing I truly love about this car, and cannot stress this enough, is that it is true quality engineering for the American car makers. I don't even believe Asian/European car makers can come close to how awesome of a car this is. Yes, the car is practically a submarine on wheels with its size and looks, and the entire isn't anything fancy. But what this is, is no stupid computers that break down, just quality mechanical engineering, and we truly need more of these types of cars now!

My family currently has 2 of these, and about 7 in the past. All of them can go up to 200-350K miles on them, with the same engine and transmission with only basic care. Amazing handling, performance is NEVER a let down, reliability is unbeatable, and if truly just a drivers car!

Despite it being a 4.6L V8, it gets decent gas mileage, however with gas prices I doubt much people will be drawn to this. The only thing I would like more of, is the interior. The interior hasn't changed much in my opinion in over a decade, vintage but tiring.

great car
By sharpdress

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great road car. Very comfortable, quiet and responsive. Good gas mileage-never below 20mpg even in city. Open road always 25mpg or better.

Big, deep leather seats, smooth ride,great control and breaking.

No complaints. Very disappointed to learn this car no longer available to public -- only fleet sales. Why?????? I would buy new again!!!!

My blue-collar Bentley
By Heroic Oaf

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We've had this car for almost a year as of this writing and are very, very satisfied with its performance and comfort. Large, yet modest. Doesn't leak a drop of nothin', except a/c condensation. Yes, we did have to replace a rear axle shaft a few months in, but flawless otherwise. Though it gets a lousy 12 mpg in the city, it gets 28 to 30 on the highway - incredible! And that's with three adult-sized people with luggage. Smooth as honey on the interstate.

Heck,I like all the features we've got (it was a fleet vehicle, so it was not overly loaded).

Those cupholders are really pathetic - gotta improve on that. Wish I had more room at the front trans bump, so I could put a coin caddy there (or a decent cupholder!) And find a way to keep the rain out of the trunk when you have to open it!