2003 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
CROWN VIC "THE BEST"
By Jerry Lawrence on 02/11/10 12:56 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Being a paraplegic and towing a small travel trailer this car meets my needs.It has plenty of power but as soon as you take it out of over drive pulling the trailer you mpg takes a nose dive.The Crown is still one of the finest looking cars on the road!I love it!

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Interceptor
By Luigi on 02/09/10 20:10 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Forget it, this car by far is the best car that i have owned. Every aspect of this vehicle adds up to it's greatness. At the beginning i was a bit concerned about mpg, reliability, and comfort. I drove from New York to Vermont, last exit before Canada. I got 28.5 miles a gallon, even with the heat on. Have you seen the size of this car? It could be -30 degrees like it was out there and it started up right away no flaus and the heat of thr summer up to 105 degrees, no problem. This car offers a smooth ride, and fun to drive. I Love This Car.

Nothing more than True Engineering
By AJ on 08/27/09 16:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Everyone in my family either has this car, or has had one. As a previous owner of 3 of these cars (2 police editions, and 1 base version), I cannot state how reliable and dependable this car is. The thing I truly love about this car, and cannot stress this enough, is that it is true quality engineering for the American car makers. I don't even believe Asian/European car makers can come close to how awesome of a car this is. Yes, the car is practically a submarine on wheels with its size and looks, and the entire isn't anything fancy. But what this is, is no stupid computers that break down, just quality mechanical engineering, and we truly need more of these types of cars now!

great car
By sharpdress on 07/20/09 16:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great road car. Very comfortable, quiet and responsive. Good gas mileage-never below 20mpg even in city. Open road always 25mpg or better.

My blue-collar Bentley
By Heroic Oaf on 06/20/09 13:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We've had this car for almost a year as of this writing and are very, very satisfied with its performance and comfort. Large, yet modest. Doesn't leak a drop of nothin', except a/c condensation. Yes, we did have to replace a rear axle shaft a few months in, but flawless otherwise. Though it gets a lousy 12 mpg in the city, it gets 28 to 30 on the highway - incredible! And that's with three adult-sized people with luggage. Smooth as honey on the interstate.

best car i,ve ever owend
By jim on 06/03/09 19:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i bought my crown vic 2yrs ago ai ilove it it,s th best car i ever bought it had only 47579 on it when i got it it rides an handle very good its iceblue mat; i get 20 mpg around townit get up an go when i want it to go ihave it service every 3000 or les thanks ford for builtin a great car

Surprisingly Ideal
By Benton S on 02/23/09 23:53 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my green/grey LX because I wanted something more reliable for a long commute, but it turned into something much more fun. I'm from an area where winter takes over half the year, and have experienced a fair number of fender benders that haven't left a mark! Reasonable fuel economy and luxurious roomy interior makes my car a favorite for road trips, V8 power makes passing a breeze, and the spacious truck can easily haul anything I could ever want. Being a 20 yr old student, I didn't think I'd love this land-yacht so much. But no cops pull me over because they think I'm a ghost car, and nobody passes me for the same reason! Talk about added safety features. I don't think I'll ever sell.

Classic American V8 road car
By crunkcar on 12/09/08 10:14 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is so comfortable for long trips that I prefer to drive 12 hours rather than take a 2 hour flight. When I turn the key, the satisfying V8 burble soothes my ears and I wonder how anyone can stand the sewing machine whine of a V4 Japanese engine in a cramped little Honda or Toyota. The dashboard is plain and functional- oil gauge, temp gauge, and a speedometer, with a compass above the rear view mirror; there are none of the electronic gimmicks that other cars are tricked out with.

Good car
By Mike T on 12/04/08 08:02 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

No real problems so far. Generally good performance & economy. At 73000 km both are starting to slip a bit but it's due for a tune up & sits a lot, so ethanol in fuel could be playing havoc with injectors. In warmer seasons,gets about 20 mpg city cdn & 30-33 on hwy. Wife has severe back problems & finds car very comfortable. But ride could be smoother. As someone else said, trunk lid holds water & soaks you when you open it. Pins & bushings in front door hinges worn out. Car is very well maintained - go figure? For 1/2-1/3 price of high end used import, take the Vic! Read consumer info! Fuel consumption in line with larger imports. With proper maintenance, I expect to have it a long time.

Great car
By bob cox on 02/13/08 09:11 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this car new after owning a couple of Tauruses, a Sable and a Grand Marquis. I chose the Sport package and it is awesome. The power, handling and seating is so much better than the Grand Marquis. This car has done 90,000 miles, both long trips and local driving and has only had one non- maintenance repair, the rear air suspension compressor at 60,000 miles. Fuel mileage is consistently in the 26 mpg range even with the lower differential gearing of the Sport pkg. I'm in process of buying a 7000 mile 2006 LX Sport to replace it. Best car I've ever owned.

1 2 3 4 5 next »