2002 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Review: old reliable

2002 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Review

old reliable
By sapelo jim on

2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have a love hate relationship with this car. I love that it has 122k on it an other than a few minor problems there hasn't been anything major happen with this car. I bought it because the reliability of these old school tools is reknowned in fleets and with loyal customers. The down side is that if the road is anything less than billiard table smooth the car rattles, squeaks, shakes, and shimmies its way over every bump and pothole on these budget deprived streets of Savannah. No sense of straight ahead on the road. Crosswinds blow the old girl all over the road. And yet, I average 20 miles to the gallon on my commute and can get up into the high 20's on road trips.

V8, V8, V8. Reliable as a boat anchor and just about as sophisticated. Power everything.

Lousy factory radio. Mine has the trunk mounted CD changer anf the in car cassete. My mazda 626 had a clearer and fuller sound system.