29 year old Crown Vic owner
By copcarguy on
2002 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I guess I'm a little bit younger than the average Crown Vic owner, but I love them! This is my 4th one. All of my Crown Vic's have had excellent reliability and are still going strong. I have sold my old ones to friends and the 91 has 250K, the 92 has 198K, the 95 has 154K all on the original unrebuilt drivetrains.... Need I say more?? The comfort on the highway is unsurpassed. I would recommend this car to anyone. After all, this basic design (V8, auto, rear wheel drive, full body on frame) dates back to the dawn of automobiles and Ford has certainly exterminated the bugs out of this design. :)
Favorite Features
Stealthy SPEED! I have almost as much power as a Mustang GT, but "blend in" better. What would a cop pull over?? A bright red Mustang convertible or a plain jane Crown Vic??
Suggested Improvements
A manual trans Sport model would be really cool!! Redesign front door panels to let your knees have a teeeeny bit more room. Redesign defroster duct to allow the installation of a factory AM/FM/CD/Cass radio. The current design won't allow this.