2002 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
Part Tank Part Car Best Car Out there period.
By atro on 10/28/12 23:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a variety of vehicles and worked in a full auto repair shop for years. The Crown Victoria Ia an amazing vehicle. I get 22 MPG average. Lots of Power in the engine and for all and any electronics i want. Drive is smooth and it is very fun to work on with sooo much room. Even got hit by a rice burner couple dents missing side view mirror but the other cars front end was destroyed and bounced off my back tire!!! This car is a Tank on wheels!!!

2002 Runner
By 45 legend on 03/03/10 12:21 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a excellent car !! Just recently purchased my Crown Vic and it runs like a Champ !!! Motor is Powerful but Quiet !! The Interior is Excellent. SMooth Ride !! My Dream Car !! I lucked up and found my Vic 1 owner in excellent condition, Look Hard if you find one BUY IT !! ITZ Worth It !!

old reliable
By sapelo jim on 02/21/10 17:59 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have a love hate relationship with this car. I love that it has 122k on it an other than a few minor problems there hasn't been anything major happen with this car. I bought it because the reliability of these old school tools is reknowned in fleets and with loyal customers. The down side is that if the road is anything less than billiard table smooth the car rattles, squeaks, shakes, and shimmies its way over every bump and pothole on these budget deprived streets of Savannah. No sense of straight ahead on the road. Crosswinds blow the old girl all over the road. And yet, I average 20 miles to the gallon on my commute and can get up into the high 20's on road trips.

boat anchor
By fletch lives on 01/10/10 09:07 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This heavy cruiser is a fantastic highway car getting a high of 27.3 mpg on a trip from Savannah to upstate NY. Smooth ride as long as the hiway is smooth. Poor around town performance as the tall gearing has the transmission constantly downshifting at even the slightest hint of throttle depression. Huge trunk is not the most usable as everything has to fit in the well. Poor sense of straight ahead. Handling is pretty much non existent as the car has very poor steering feel and is easily affected by bumps and ripples on these old Savannah streets. I bought this after an accident thinking that I would be safer. I have been and it has been mechanically reliable but the downside is a boring car

THIS is the 'Ultimate driving MACHINE'!
By JIMFITZ on 07/02/09 21:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The LX-Sport model, mine is all black w/black interior. Car is now at 97000 miles. This vehicle is an incredible work of automotive excellence. What a shame it is that Ford has decided NOT to sell them to the public anymore. The dealer where I get mine serviced had a salesman there that said everytime he saw me come in..."you're driving Fords best kept secret"! Car is flawless, and even at 97000+ miles still drives AND looks like new. I will keep this LX-Sport for ever!

A Modern "Bluesmobile".
By Michael Poulos on 05/23/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The P71 Crown Vic is a really cool car. If you like big and roomy, you'll love the former cop car Crown Vic. If you like good performance, you'll enjoy it too. Great acceleration with the 4.6L GT V8. Nice anti-lock brakes without a severe bucking bronco effect. Nice tight steering makes it quite maneuverable for a big car in city traffic but use two hands on the freeway at full speed. While not a race car, it does offer plenty of get up and go. It's no wonder cabbies like these birds! The main drawback is fuel consumption. I get about 15mpg (combined), so what you get is a car that is like the Concorde (the aircraft): Big, fast, and burns gas like one!

Old school in all ways
By jimscar on 10/24/08 17:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car after totaling a 626 in a rear ender. The car is great out on the road. She literally is a land yacht on long interstate trips and I got 27.3 mpg on one trip from GA to upstate NY. Around town here in Savannah is another story. Potholes and washboard surfaces befuddle the old live axle and she's a handful to park and maneuver around the squares in Savannah. and then, of course, when gas went to $4 a gallon even the fair mileage wasn't looking to good.

The mother ship
By teacher man on 07/02/08 05:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is old fashioned boat anchor technology but it cranks and goes reliably every time. Fuel mileage is respectable for the size and weight of the vehicle 18-20 city/suburban 22-27 highway. They don't build them like this anymore and for that we should be both sad and grateful. Sad because it is a very reliable car and great on long distance road trips. Grateful because this car is navigated more than driven and is a festival of squeaks and rattles. Resale value tanks early so if you buy one plan to drive the wheels off it.

Junk
By big barn on 04/29/08 04:48 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Up until 50000 miles the vehicle was flawless; after that it has been nothing but down hill. Coil pack, plug wire, starter, a/c (several times) rear wheel bearing (twice), all kinds of electrical problems. I have been a Ford man all my life, but I will never buy any Ford product newer than a 96 model again. I would not recommend the 2002 Ford Crown Vic.

Best of Class
By Jack on 01/28/07 19:23 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Crown Vic. I have place over 120k on 2 with no major repair. My current has 80k and still going strong with no problem. It's a sport package.