Used 2001 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

Aging car
By scooter

2001 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Car has the handling and performance package which I feel makes it lively and more fun to drive than the standard Crown Victoria. But, the car is far overdue for a complete update if Ford wants this last big cruiser to continue selling.

Favorite Features

Digital instumentation, automatic climate control, ABS, traction control.

Suggested Improvements

Vehicle needs many improvements including stability control, better gas mileage, quieter ride, supportive seats.

I miss my Honda
By ScubaSteve

2001 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car with just over 21000 miles a little over a year ago. Great ride, great handling and excellent mileage for a V8. Now at about 45000 miles of mostly highway driving, the front end pops and squeaks like crazy and have already replaced the a/c unit.. Also, the CD changer croaked too.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort, electronic dash.

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality, you just don't have these issues out of Japanese cars

Great Ride
By WRD

2001 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had mine over a year and traded in a 98 Mercury GM. Will upgrade to a new one soon. I have the Police Package and still get 24-25 MPG.

Favorite Features

Power, comfort, security, great ride, good gas mileage, solid build, impressive for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Ford still needs to work on the front end of the Crown Victoria. Am beginning to experience noisy tie rods, and ball joints with 27,000 miles on it.

Sensible Muscle Car
By Black Beauty

2001 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought one of the first CV Sport Models in 01. It is comfortable and sporty. Some women like it and some hate it. Being single I would prefer women like it. Its forboding and I get kidded about it looking like a police car. But what do they know! It is a very sensible car and I consider it a muscle car not unlike a Mustang although most women would perfer the Mustang. Rides great and handles well with fair gas milege.

Favorite Features

Over all look of the car and the floor shifter and chrome wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Needs tach, wider tires, and better sound system. Steering could be a bit better.

Ford, Where Quality is Job 1, Ha!
By JamieL

2001 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

In the two years I've owned the CV its been lots of trouble. Bad emission sensors required a trip back to the dealer within two weeks. Add to that the occasional engine troubles and I was mad enough. Last week the serpentine sp? belt broke causing the elctrical system to fail, the steering to quit working completely, and the engine to overheat. As for traction in PA winters, they ought to rename the CV to the Ford Death Sled. Couple this with the exploding gas tank in rear-end collisions (I haven't experienced this personally) along with the super bland exterior styling and it's easy to see why people buy Japanese.

Favorite Features

The V8 engine is nice and trunk space is plentiful. I've very comfortably driven 600 mile in a day. Rides wonderfully.

Suggested Improvements

Quality is very poor. Poor traction in winter weather. The styling could use an upgrade. I feel like the car is conspiring against me.