Used 2000 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

MY BABY!
By Tony

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I recently bought a 2000 Crown Vic and I am in love with the car. Smoothest ride around, powerful V8, and comfort and quality to boot. This was an obvious upgrade from my beat-up 88 Buick Century and i don't regret it one bit. Complain about style all you want, I'm 20 and I think this is a sharp car for being a "geriatric" car. It is far from it.

Size of the car, 4.6 V8, comfort, ride, room, trunk space, safety, the look of being in a police cruiser.

Gas mileage at least in the city (approx 17mpg), hubcaps are creaky and constantly have to be pounded in, slow windows.

Surprisingly fun to drive
By TS

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This is a smooth "boulevard" cruiser in the classic sense, with surprising handling and braking capability. Once you become accustomed to the car's obvious size, you will enjoy the confidence this vehicle gives you. It feels safe, planted, comfortable, and powerful. The "ride and handling" package is a must in my opinion.

Powertrain smoothness and responsiveness. Brakes, ride, rear-wheel drive, and comfort round out likes.

Most improvements I could list here are already addressed in later model years. My 2000 is perfect for my uses, but if you desire the latest safety equipment, and center console features, check '05.

an american bentley
By powman

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

this car is one tough ,rugged ,fast ,good looking ,extremely comfortable riding piece of american engineering marvel wouldn't trade it for any thing else, in fact when I get really old some day I'll propably still own this old FORD

the ride is superb , the power you get from the V8 engine is unmatched if you ask me. handles any type of driving condition so solid yet so smooth.

can't say I have any!!!!!!!!!!!

bought it used but love it
By andy fan

2000 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

I can't understand the under rating some people give this cruiser on gas milage. I recently went into the mountains by way of MT Airey NC {Andy's hometown} across US58 in Va. to South Boston Va.,and averaged 28 MPG.,with the air on.How could anyone expect more with such a large and comfortable car? As for me, I'm very pleased and reccomend this vehicle to anyone considering a Crown Vic!!!

GAS MILAGE for such a large car {28mpg},comfort,rear wheel drive,& V8

maybe a little softer seat, more HP

crown vic
By Mable

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the Crown Victoria because I wanted a luxury ride.Even so, I never thought it would be this smoothe with such wonderful gas mileage and comfortable too. It is a quiet car with lots of space, luxury, and easy to handle. Makes driving a pleasure, and a real relief to tired muscles and back. A must have for those who want comfort, good gas mileage and luxury. Storage space is also incredible. And it handles like a smaller car, easy to park, easy to manuever. Just a great find in luxury car.

comfortable seats, lots of room, sharp looks, great storage, really good gas mileage, clear sound system, heat/ac temp. controls, everything you can think of at a touch of a button.-- approx. 24mi/gallon