2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
My 2000 Crown Victoria
By Gerry House-Peters on 06/13/06 11:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2000 Crown Victoria for $20,500 in November of that year. It is the basic model and I have put 20,000 miles a year on it. I thoroughly enjoy the roominess and being 6".2" can really stretch out in it. As for the trunk, well, it has as much luggage space, if not better than any large SUV on the market. I intend to buy another one when the 2007 models come out. It's a bargain! As far as the Chrysler 300 is concerned, well it's certainly a lot flashier than the Vic but I'm afraid I'd suffer from claustrophobia with those narrow "gangster windows!

bought it used but love it
By andy fan on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

I can't understand the under rating some people give this cruiser on gas milage. I recently went into the mountains by way of MT Airey NC {Andy's hometown} across US58 in Va. to South Boston Va.,and averaged 28 MPG.,with the air on.How could anyone expect more with such a large and comfortable car? As for me, I'm very pleased and reccomend this vehicle to anyone considering a Crown Vic!!!

2000 CROWN VIC
By DARYL DOVE on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

SINCE I PURCHASED MY CROWN VICTORIA I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT POSITIVE THINGS TO SAY. THE RIDE IS VERY SMOOTH, ACCELERATION IS STRONG, THE ONLY THING I REALLY REGRET IS NOT GETTING THE LEATHER SEATS AND THE KEYLESS REMOTE ENTRY. I HAVE DRIVEN MY CROWN VIC TO MD, VA, DC AND ALL OT THE STATES DOWN TO FLA AND I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS. THE LOOK OF THE CAR IS VERY SPORTY FOR A SEDAN. I HAVE OWNED FOR PRODUCTS SINCE 1996 TWO LINCONLN TOWN CARS AND THE CROWN VIC I HAVE NOW. GREAT CAR(S)!

Rattles Abundant
By coololdguy on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

The major problem I've had with this car is the plastic on the doors make terrible noises with going over rough roads. It's the noiseiest Ford I've ever owned. I've owned quite a few Fords and Mercurys and this is the least acceptable.

A solid alternative to SUVs and minivans
By Trav on 02/28/02 18:00 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is a solid, reliable, well-performing car. Get the Handling Package if you have the choice. I think you could fit a minivan in the enormous trunk of this car. It can literally swallow 10-days worth of clothes and gear for 4 people + 2 kids without having a single item in the cabin. The back seat sleeps one and the trunk could sleep 2.