Used 2000 Ford Crown Victoria S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

police interceptor crown victoria
By policeintercep

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I would say the interceptor crown victoria is the best vehicle I have ever purchased. Very reliable and fun to drive. The crown victoria is the perfect "get out of town car". Long distance driving is very comfortable in the crown victoria. Lots of power and easy to pass those slow sunday drivers in front of you. I would recommend the crown victoria to a friend or family member.

horsepower and looks.

svt cobra motor lol.

Last of the good cars
By Randall1

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan S 4dr Sedan

The crown Victoria has been a solid performer. I bought it last year and put over 12k trouble free miles on it. Contrary to Edmunds editors, the ride far surpasses any unit body car I've ever ridden in. Handling is perfectly capable and I've never felt like I've even come close to losing control - even on icy, snow covered, rutted or choppy road surfaces. I owned a 1991 grand marquis that had the same road manners. Overall, the car is great and gets better fuel economy that my minivan. The strong frame absorbs jolts that rock lesser unit construction cars. I've owned and driven mostly unibody cars. I've driven countless numbers of cars due to my work. A large, full frame car is best.

Full frame, size, good handling, reasonable fuel economy, reliability, not an unreliable European or flimsy Asian car.

Optional 5.4 L engine and full size spare should be standard.

Poor Man's Cadillac.
By CrownVicsPIsRule

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought a 2000 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor In April of 2008 that had about 57,000 miles on it. It was in great condition and was only $4000. It's great for family trips and real fun to drive. It has plenty of passing power and is fast off the line. The engine is very quiet and the transmission shifts quiet softly. Mine is Performance White and looks like an unmarked police car. Cars tend to move aside for me on the highways and people aways drive carefully when I'm around.

Intimidating cop look, very powerful 4.6L V8, dual exhaust, 3.55 gears, 4R70W transmission, stiffer(700 lbs./in.) front springs, and rear locking differential(posi-traction).

Since mine is a Police Interceptor theres a lot it could use especially for the interior: cassette, CD, or MP3 playing radio (only has AM/FM), center console or arm rest, carpet (has that annoying rubber matting), and a spot light (to cover up the hole in the driver's side pillar).

Good basics, but needs some work
By CVPI2000

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought a 2000 Police Interceptor based on its safety and cooling capacity. It's a blast to drive, but some things need work. I bought an aftermarket console for between the seats for $50 on eBay- great investment.

Rubber flooring - easy cleanup, steering and suspension, I love the trunk - I went on a 4 day vacation with 4 friends - 5 in the car, and it held ALL of our stuff. and we don't pack lightly. :-)

Need to move ash tray so when cups are in the holders, you aren't blocking the climate controls. Add a DOHC, it would make acceleration amazing. I'm on my 2nd transmission - and the first rebuild - do something about these things! Thank god for the police spot light, because the headlights need work!

excellent
By Poilice interceptor

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I have a Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. This car is beautiful. It looks nice. It rides nice. It moves AND the gas mileage is not bad considering it is an 8 cylinder. I chose this car because not only does it look and ride nice but it is well maintained, majority of parts are new or have been replaced, it's very comfortable, the parts for do it yourselfers are cheap AND this car so far is reliable.

Favorites are the color, the shine, the look of it, the interior is clean, soft, and comfy.

The only improvement Ford HAS to make is the headlight system. The headlight system on these cars stink! Not only mine but other people I talk to including police officers say the same. The lighting system is not bright enough at nighttime. Especially in rainy weather where the roads are wet.