2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
police interceptor crown victoria
By policeintercep on 12/10/12 18:29 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I would say the interceptor crown victoria is the best vehicle I have ever purchased. Very reliable and fun to drive. The crown victoria is the perfect "get out of town car". Long distance driving is very comfortable in the crown victoria. Lots of power and easy to pass those slow sunday drivers in front of you. I would recommend the crown victoria to a friend or family member.

Great
By susanherna on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Great car. Mileage is excellent. I get 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway.

Last of the good cars
By Randall1 on 06/21/10 20:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan S 4dr Sedan

The crown Victoria has been a solid performer. I bought it last year and put over 12k trouble free miles on it. Contrary to Edmunds editors, the ride far surpasses any unit body car I've ever ridden in. Handling is perfectly capable and I've never felt like I've even come close to losing control - even on icy, snow covered, rutted or choppy road surfaces. I owned a 1991 grand marquis that had the same road manners. Overall, the car is great and gets better fuel economy that my minivan. The strong frame absorbs jolts that rock lesser unit construction cars. I've owned and driven mostly unibody cars. I've driven countless numbers of cars due to my work. A large, full frame car is best.

One Sweet Vickie
By Jimacpro on 01/18/10 08:14 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car off lease from a national grocery broker. car was well maintained, and continues to enjoy regular maintenance. Large car, solid body, and excellent suspension make this sedan a true interstate cruiser. when operated on cruise control with the A/C on, I experience a solid 27 MPG at 75 MPH. Performance to spare, I never lack in acceleration when merging onto the busiest of thoroughfares. Cant recall owning a car I enjoyed more than My 2K Vickie!

Police interceptor
By JX426 on 09/20/08 14:26 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Fun car, people think im a cop. Very fast, fun to drift, burn out with. Very roomy. Large trunk. Has more hp and torque than my dad's 5.4

Poor Man's Cadillac.
By CrownVicsPIsRule on 06/17/08 00:52 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought a 2000 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor In April of 2008 that had about 57,000 miles on it. It was in great condition and was only $4000. It's great for family trips and real fun to drive. It has plenty of passing power and is fast off the line. The engine is very quiet and the transmission shifts quiet softly. Mine is Performance White and looks like an unmarked police car. Cars tend to move aside for me on the highways and people aways drive carefully when I'm around.

I love this car
By Linda on 04/01/08 18:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned many Fords but this by far is the best. Very smooth ride, fair on gas. Have a CD player so that is a big plus. Trunk is big enough for anything. No problems. Love this car.

Owner
By Frogman88 on 12/23/07 21:13 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

The car is a little harder to drive on the snow. I had gotten stuck at least 3 times in a month. On dry roads the handles like a dream. I am 6foot 3inches and I have no problems with my leg. On average, I will get 20 or more mpg. Highway mpgs I will get around 25 or more. I was very surprised with the gas mileage I was getting. I have over 200,000miles on the car right now and I am the second owner and have had nearly no problems. The only problem that I have is a minor problem, which will cost about $100 total. I am very mad about Ford is not going to sell the Crown Victoria for civilian use. I would buy this car all over again, only brand new. That will never happen. A must buy

Love It
By sigvold juliussen on 08/07/07 15:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Just bought this 7 year old car and drives like a dream. Great gas mileage, I just put over 700 biway miles on it. I got 26mpg on Alaska's mountain roads (my Focus only gets 30 pmg) I get 18 mpg in city driving and my Focus only got 20 mpg. I'm 6'4" and 280 lbs and my hips no longer hurt. I guess I'm to big for the Focus. Well worth the extra 10% in gas.

Good basics, but needs some work
By CVPI2000 on 01/07/07 20:45 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought a 2000 Police Interceptor based on its safety and cooling capacity. It's a blast to drive, but some things need work. I bought an aftermarket console for between the seats for $50 on eBay- great investment.