2000 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
Great
By susanherna on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Great car. Mileage is excellent. I get 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway.

One Sweet Vickie
By Jimacpro on 01/18/10 08:14 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car off lease from a national grocery broker. car was well maintained, and continues to enjoy regular maintenance. Large car, solid body, and excellent suspension make this sedan a true interstate cruiser. when operated on cruise control with the A/C on, I experience a solid 27 MPG at 75 MPH. Performance to spare, I never lack in acceleration when merging onto the busiest of thoroughfares. Cant recall owning a car I enjoyed more than My 2K Vickie!

Police interceptor
By JX426 on 09/20/08 14:26 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Fun car, people think im a cop. Very fast, fun to drift, burn out with. Very roomy. Large trunk. Has more hp and torque than my dad's 5.4

I love this car
By Linda on 04/01/08 18:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned many Fords but this by far is the best. Very smooth ride, fair on gas. Have a CD player so that is a big plus. Trunk is big enough for anything. No problems. Love this car.

Owner
By Frogman88 on 12/23/07 21:13 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

The car is a little harder to drive on the snow. I had gotten stuck at least 3 times in a month. On dry roads the handles like a dream. I am 6foot 3inches and I have no problems with my leg. On average, I will get 20 or more mpg. Highway mpgs I will get around 25 or more. I was very surprised with the gas mileage I was getting. I have over 200,000miles on the car right now and I am the second owner and have had nearly no problems. The only problem that I have is a minor problem, which will cost about $100 total. I am very mad about Ford is not going to sell the Crown Victoria for civilian use. I would buy this car all over again, only brand new. That will never happen. A must buy

Love It
By sigvold juliussen on 08/07/07 15:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Just bought this 7 year old car and drives like a dream. Great gas mileage, I just put over 700 biway miles on it. I got 26mpg on Alaska's mountain roads (my Focus only gets 30 pmg) I get 18 mpg in city driving and my Focus only got 20 mpg. I'm 6'4" and 280 lbs and my hips no longer hurt. I guess I'm to big for the Focus. Well worth the extra 10% in gas.

I love these cars
By randysvh on 09/11/06 23:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

The car to me is one of the most reliable cars in the industry overall. This is far from a perfect car, but it offers features that make it desirable and most importantly reliable. Gas economy is way below what i think it should be able to get, and shame on FORD for not doing better in this department. The engine though is rock solid. The body seems solid and quiet. There is nothing tinny about this car. My car has the digital instrumentation and I love it. The AC is solid and easy to use. The stereo is good, but i have seen other models that were better than the one I now have. I have owned a 1993 and 1997, both brand new and now this 2000. Each of them had over 200,000 miles.

6th vehicle like this from Ford
By randy on 09/24/05 00:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This car style and model was always my ideal car, and when I finally bought my first one I could only one another and continued to upgrade till I have the current one I now have. Although I liked my 1997 model better than this one, only because it had all of the options and it was everything you could dream for in a luxury car and the electronic dash, I just love with the exceptional features it provides. This car is a road car fit for a tall man at 6'5" and needing comfort for travel. It is a highly reliable car that cannot be matched by any other car I can see on the road today. Sure it is not perfect, but I enjoy this car and hope FORD does not drop this car; it is the car to have.

MY BABY!
By Tony on 07/30/05 17:13 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I recently bought a 2000 Crown Vic and I am in love with the car. Smoothest ride around, powerful V8, and comfort and quality to boot. This was an obvious upgrade from my beat-up 88 Buick Century and i don't regret it one bit. Complain about style all you want, I'm 20 and I think this is a sharp car for being a "geriatric" car. It is far from it.

Surprisingly fun to drive
By TS on 05/23/05 11:07 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This is a smooth "boulevard" cruiser in the classic sense, with surprising handling and braking capability. Once you become accustomed to the car's obvious size, you will enjoy the confidence this vehicle gives you. It feels safe, planted, comfortable, and powerful. The "ride and handling" package is a must in my opinion.