1999 Ford Crown Victoria 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - No longer available to the

1999 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Review

No longer available to the public
By skaizun on

1999 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

The "cop car", as my friends call it, has had only one minor repair (idle air control valve $200) in the nine years I've owned it (original owner; 84k miles as of 10/2008), excluding basic maintenance, tires, batteries, and fluids. Not the best car I've owned (that honor goes to my 77 Pont Bonneville, bought used), but I'd buy it, again, if I could (Ford no longer makes it available to the public, although its upscale, sister car, the Mercury Grand Marquis is similar).

Favorite Features

Strong, durable, easy to drive; speeders slow down because they think I'm a cop, then drive off faster than before as they pass angrily by for my having slowed them down (maybe I did them a favor!). Even cops wave when we pass each other, so I just wave back!

Suggested Improvements

Half the dashboard lights don't work anymore (I run the exterior lights when I'm driving, so I presume they burned out, but that's never happened with any other car I've had); the cruise control buttons don't work well.