1999 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
Well worth the money
By PoliceInterceptor on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

Ready to hit 100,000 miles already, nothing done other than routine maintenence.

Lot of car for the money...
By Bryan S. on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a private seller with 61,400 miles on it in EXC shape. It had all options other than traction control and the trip computer. It has simply been one of the finest cars I have ever had the opportunity to drive. It rides great, has been stone cold reliable, gets decent milage for a large car (25MPG with cruise set at 60MPH), TONS of room, and it has plenty of power for passing, hills, and towing. I would not hesitate to buy another Crown Vic at all based on my experience with this car. It is a solid BUY.

Average Car
By swong on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

cheapest V8 full sized car I could afford. Two real weak components and they are the plastic resin intake manifold which tends to crack leaving you stranded. Other MAJOR weakness is the 4R70W transmission which has "torque converter shudder". This shudder is hard to explain but when it does occur (trust me it will occur after you've accumulated 20k per tranny fluid change) it is the most irritating thing going. I've had my tranny replaced under waranty and it still occurs but am living with this problem until I can squeeze another 3 years out of it until I dump the car. Next time I'll go with Honda or Toyota.

Bobemakk Review
By Bobemakk on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

It is one of the very best vehicles I have ever owned. A few minor problems like squeaky brakes and now a squeak in the front end are the only problems I have encountered. Plenty of power, extra comfortable ride and awesome design on one of the safest American cars built.