Used 1999 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

My crown victoria
By Mary Ann DeShazer

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

The only drawback that I can see with this crown victoria is the trunk space. It is definately too small an area to place much luggage or items that you purchase on shopping trips. (i.e.) you can't put a fold up wheel chair in the trunk.

I love the way it drives and handles. The contours of the car are excellent which makes it easy to wash and maintain.

I am somewhat concerned, in that I went looking for a 2007 crown victoria at Jim Norton Ford dealers here in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma and was informed by the sales staff that they no longer make the crown victoria. They informed me that the 2006 was the last year that it was to be made.

great 99
By First Ford

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 99 with low low mileage. We have put almost 50,000 miles on it with only a brake rotor going bad. It is a great car, I hope they never drop it like the rumors that have been thrown around. GM threw away the LeSabre; 30 mpg full size car for another small bucket seat four passenger car like everything else on the street and road. I am getting sick of medium size cars with no room for head or body.

Quiet, strong runner, smooth, great optional radio, nice seats with power and things that are simple and workable.

Could use a better antisqueak on the interior plastic door panels.

I'm Keeping It Another 6 years
By Richard

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I've driven LA to Chicago about 6 times round trip and never had any trouble. I'm always amazed after 3 days of 10 hours each at 70 mph how this car shows no sign of fatigue. It's my 2nd Crown Vic.

The luxury and the smooth ride on the open road.

I had to pay $500 to fix the wipers on my '92 Crown Vic and now face a 500-$1,000 bill to fix the heater on my '99. And no place to hang a trash bag in front.

Problematic Ford
By James

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This is my first and last Ford vehicle. I like the car but it has cost me $9000 in repairs over the last 14 months. The plastic intake manifold cracked 1 month out of extended warranty and Ford corporation would not help whatsoever. I thought I had done my research on this car but perhaps mine is a lemon. I have had numerous electrical problems, replaced many coils. Brake jobs are quite frequent. The fenders have rusted through. There has been a high speed vibration that even Ford cannot figure out. I am absolutely disgusted with the repairs and the cost of repairs on this. You have just pushed another die hard American car lover to swing over to Japanese. Ford...your time is running out!

I like a big car with lots of power. It is supposed to last for a long time.

I would suggest improving your quality and customer service. Buying this car has put me in so much debt I have to re-finance my mortgage!

dependable
By may

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I find that the Crown Vic is pretty dependable. It's had a few minor problems. Just recently I had the intake manifold replaced for "free"; there was a settlement with Ford about the intake having possible cracks because it came out with an intake that could crack. I've had to replace my windshield wiper motor twice within like 2 years and had air conditioner problems; that's about all the problems I've had out of mine. My Crown Vic gets run hard, it doesn't get babied around; and it still is running pretty darn good.

Some of my favorite features are: the nice full seats, light dimmer for rear view mirror.

I would like to see more leg room in the back seats, and some kind of dim reading light on the side panels by the rear window.