Used 1999 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

Great All American Car
By 2004co

1999 Ford Crown Victoria S 4dr Sedan

I purchased a pre-owned P71 Police Ed., Crown Vic and have never been happier! Anyway, this car is very solid and easy to self service, engine compartment is nicely layed out- great for self fixers. The car has a lot of pep, really great handling, fast braking, can easily go super fast and has pleasent featuers-- need to mention that the trunk is hugh. I am a EMT/firefighter and need plenty of room for both people and cargo. Ride is very comfortable-- w/secure feeling, outside noise is almost eliminated but the engine has a nice pur when bookin it! Handles like a champ!

Favorite Features

Respect- people drive sensible when they see you and that alone is like a safety feature. The horsepower is jaw dropping for a full sized and handles like a sports car! Besides being extremly reliable, this car has been easy to maintain. Inside is driver friendly and has been a good all around car!

Suggested Improvements

Possibly fog lights for fowl weather, fold down rear seat would be nice and a larger glove box could help. Not a lot of room to put small misc. items such as cell phone, change, glasses or CDs. I like the V8 horsepower, so the MPGs aren't a complaint (20MPG usual, 26 highway- still good regardless!)

Inherited fathers car!
By Denis

1999 Ford Crown Victoria S 4dr Sedan

The Crown Victoria is an excellent car to carry six and all their luggage and stuff. I have a baby car seat, plus grandma and the kids. I like the five star rating in comparison to the SUV rollover problems! I can carry six people in comfort and safety.

Favorite Features

The huge trunk! And a very simple car to work on.

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage and side curtains. Dont mess around with something that works! Upgrade the looks of it but keep it a rear drive car.

The Best
By OH YEA

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This is the best car ever. It is my second Vic. I love these cars. If you want a highly dependable car, buy a Vic. Only had car in the shop for regular maintainence, and small stuff like tires or brakes, ac recharge

Favorite Features

Performance, room, look

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower

My 1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX
By Bob Macchia

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This is the most dependable, and best car I have ever owned. It is too bad that Ford has dropped the Crown Victoria.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort and style.

Suggested Improvements

I hope they moved the rear defroster switch.

My crown victoria
By Mary Ann DeShazer

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

The only drawback that I can see with this crown victoria is the trunk space. It is definately too small an area to place much luggage or items that you purchase on shopping trips. (i.e.) you can't put a fold up wheel chair in the trunk.

Favorite Features

I love the way it drives and handles. The contours of the car are excellent which makes it easy to wash and maintain.

Suggested Improvements

I am somewhat concerned, in that I went looking for a 2007 crown victoria at Jim Norton Ford dealers here in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma and was informed by the sales staff that they no longer make the crown victoria. They informed me that the 2006 was the last year that it was to be made.