1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
Former law enforcement vehicle
By oldschool360 on 05/27/11 03:05 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought a 99 with only 86k miles. It's white and looks like a lot of highway patrol cars. It drives like a sporty tank and I still managed over 18 mpg on 90 mph road trip. I really like this car and think it will be a good starter car for my two sons in a few years. Definitely a great value. With needed repairs, I only have $3400 in it and can expect to drive it for quite some time. Good bye car payments.

Not bad
By gman1 on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had my crown vic for about 6 years now and it is a nice comfortable car to drive. I have never gotten the mileage some are boasting about here, I do about 50/50 city highway never any traffic at 4 am when I go to work. During the summer months I get about 250 miles to a full tank of gas. If I do all highway it might get 300 miles/tank. If I were to do it again I would opt for a newer model with the rack and pinion steering because the antiquated system on these cars wear out parts quickly (ball joints, tie rods, etc.) I've gone through 2 sets of brakes since I've bought it so no complaints there. It has decent power but is no mustang. Had to change the manifold and the coils, big $

Crown Vic P71
By MaikeP71 on 10/01/09 08:53 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

An amazing car, fun to drive and stylish in a more classy sense. Unimpressive, but understandable gas mileage. Mine is a decommissioned cop car and has been beaten on, handles the beating unbelievably. Five-star reliability. Had accidents NO DENTS, the damage to the other car is astounding though. It's a 2 ton battlecruiser with great handling. My recent hobby is this car. I'm very impressed. A solid car. I improved my gas mileage with water4gas(tm) and a smart chip.

99 Crown Vic Interceptor
By cvaughn34 on 08/04/09 19:50 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have always owned Crown Vics, and that will never change. This Crown has 292000 miles on it, and still runs like it's brand new. Never had to anything to it, and still doesn't need anything. I wouldn't have an LX, but the Interceptors have it all.

No longer available to the public
By skaizun on 10/18/08 14:31 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

The "cop car", as my friends call it, has had only one minor repair (idle air control valve $200) in the nine years I've owned it (original owner; 84k miles as of 10/2008), excluding basic maintenance, tires, batteries, and fluids. Not the best car I've owned (that honor goes to my 77 Pont Bonneville, bought used), but I'd buy it, again, if I could (Ford no longer makes it available to the public, although its upscale, sister car, the Mercury Grand Marquis is similar).

1999 P71 Crown Vic
By 1999 Crown Vic P71 on 07/26/08 20:30 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased Crown Vic in 2/08, $2700. Crown Vic has very good handling. I installed extra reflectors that are well placed, interceptor emblems, converted to honeycomb grille, impressive looking vehicle. With the spotlight, dark wheels and recognizable style, people tend to move out of the way or even better stay away. Also installed Goodyear touring type tires, ride is significantly smoother. Performance is very good but seems to shift into overdrive at a low rpm, however push the pedal and the Crown Vic has impressive power for a heavy vehicle. Interior design is basic but with the added center console it is fine. Even though the Vic is a 99 it retains the appearance of newer vehicles,

1999 P71 Crown Vic
By 1999 Crown Vic P71 on 07/10/08 00:41 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased 2/2008, 98,000 miles, $2700. Crown Vic has very good handling, excellent style. I installed extra reflectors that are well placed, interceptor emblem, converted to honey comb grille, impressive looking vehicle. With the spotlight, dark wheels and recognizable style, people tend to move out of the way or even better stay away. Also converted to Goodyear touring instead of high rated, ride is significantly smoother. Performance is very good but it seems to shift into overdrive at a low rpm, however push the pedal and the Crown Vic has impressive power for a heavy vehicle. Interior design is basic but fine with the center console installed, overall rating 8.

1999 P71 Crown Vic
By Robert Schyck on 04/13/08 00:50 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Crown Vic early in 2008. I enjoy the ride and handling is very good. This is a nice looking car with just enough style mixed with plenty of performance. It seems that every where I go people are always looking over. It's appearance is striking. This car has plenty of room inside and the truck is spacious. Driver's seat should be more supportive especially when driving aggressively. When I purchased Vic it had the very high rated tires. The ride was very stiff so I immediately installed new 225x60 Goodyear touring type tires, the ride improved tremendously. Even though they are not rated the performance is virtually the same, still handles very good.

Wants old cab back 986,000 miles
By Don Winters on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

Riding a cab, the cab driver was mad. His boss wanted to turn, 1 million miles. It had one transmission replaced 500k miles and the cab has never had a wrench on it except for the tran 986k miles. 1 million miles no engine work 1 tranmission. It had doubled any Gm product line and 3-4 times the Japan cabs. I wonder why Ford does not run add like, 1 million mile club with no engine work. The ride in the 986,000 cab was smooth and no noise. Note the next cab had 990,000 but two tranmissions. Quite a contest. I did buy a diffent model Lincoln Cartier, hope my grand kids, finish the test. You can not tell how fast its going

My "cop car"
By espici on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

I'm 5'10", 165 lbs, slim, and find it difficult getting into and out of the car. I also have trouble reaching the dash-mounted radio and climate control dials/buttons. R/W defroster control difficult to find. Tranny dipstick difficult to access.