Used 1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

POWERFUL,SPORT CAR HANDLING
By David S.

1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

Iam the proud owner of a 1999 crown Victoria, base model. it has 147,000 miles on it and still running strong! ive only had to do basic matin. ive done some mods like dual exsaust,MSD coils, and a K&N air filter. this car is fast, great handling for a fullsize 4 door car. gets awesome MPG on highway for a fullsize car. its also one of best build considering its a BODY ON FRAME car. no uni-body crap here! I would recommend this car to anybody looking for a safe,reiliable,good fuel economy car.

Former law enforcement vehicle
By oldschool360

1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought a 99 with only 86k miles. It's white and looks like a lot of highway patrol cars. It drives like a sporty tank and I still managed over 18 mpg on 90 mph road trip. I really like this car and think it will be a good starter car for my two sons in a few years. Definitely a great value. With needed repairs, I only have $3400 in it and can expect to drive it for quite some time. Good bye car payments.

Suspension, engine, brakes, cop car looks. Mileage between 17 and 22.

Don't stop making Crown Vics Ford. No one will buy your future vehicle. Look for someone to start rebuilding old Crown Vics and selling them to state and local governments.

Not bad
By gman1

1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had my crown vic for about 6 years now and it is a nice comfortable car to drive. I have never gotten the mileage some are boasting about here, I do about 50/50 city highway never any traffic at 4 am when I go to work. During the summer months I get about 250 miles to a full tank of gas. If I do all highway it might get 300 miles/tank. If I were to do it again I would opt for a newer model with the rack and pinion steering because the antiquated system on these cars wear out parts quickly (ball joints, tie rods, etc.) I've gone through 2 sets of brakes since I've bought it so no complaints there. It has decent power but is no mustang. Had to change the manifold and the coils, big $

comfortable, quiet car. trunk is enormous

more power or better fuel mileage. Could benefit from better quality parts. cup holders poor

Crown Vic P71
By MaikeP71

1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

An amazing car, fun to drive and stylish in a more classy sense. Unimpressive, but understandable gas mileage. Mine is a decommissioned cop car and has been beaten on, handles the beating unbelievably. Five-star reliability. Had accidents NO DENTS, the damage to the other car is astounding though. It's a 2 ton battlecruiser with great handling. My recent hobby is this car. I'm very impressed. A solid car. I improved my gas mileage with water4gas(tm) and a smart chip.

Engine, style, acceleration, and safety(the car is a tank)

GAS MILEAGE only... nothing else...

99 Crown Vic Interceptor
By cvaughn34

1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have always owned Crown Vics, and that will never change. This Crown has 292000 miles on it, and still runs like it's brand new. Never had to anything to it, and still doesn't need anything. I wouldn't have an LX, but the Interceptors have it all.

General design and the power of the Interceptor 4.6.

None, other than changing the plastic intake that a lot of people have had problems with.