Used 1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

1999 P71 Crown Vic
By Robert Schyck

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

The 1999 Crown Victora is an amazing vehicle when purchased brand new. The rating on a new Police Interceptor model would be very good to excellent in all catagories, however when individuals including myself purchase these used police interceptors the opinions may not be totally accurate, mostly we are evaluating the current condition. Notwithstanding, my Crown Vic has 99,000 miles, impressive power, being white with dark wheels, honeycomb grille and spotlight its appearance is recognizable. Interior in very good condition, altho somewhat plain. It should be noted that for a vehicle this size and weight it has a sport car feel and ride. Overall rating for this particular 99 Crown Vic B+

The preformance is very good, ride is comfortable with sport like qualities, even tho it's a 99 the style is still modern, appearance is recognizably police issue, individuals tend to get out of the way or even better stay away, spotlight is a neat feature, fun to drive

Other then wishing this vehicle was brand new, not much. Crown Vic P71 base horse power is porbably 235 so its 0 to 60 mph is not very good, about 8.3 seconds, should be more like 7.2 seconds, that would require about 30 more hp,

This car saved my life!
By Stacey B

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

The first thing that attracted me to this car was that it was a used police interceptor. I soon fell in love with the smooth ride and the way it drove. Hardly any problems with it, I have maybe replaced under $500 worth of parts in it. It was racking up around 120,000 when I hit a tree. I walked away fine from that accident, because my car took all the force. If that was a smaller car, I would be in the hospital or dead. I love this car so much, and even though I can't drive it because it's smashed in, it still starts!

The safety rating. This has been proved to me! I also think this car has pretty good acceleration for a car like it. Goes up hills no problem

I wish it was more gas efficient! With gas prices at $4 a gallon, I am unfortunatly passing over buying another Crown Vic because I need something more affordable.

The Best
By OH YEA

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This is the best car ever. It is my second Vic. I love these cars. If you want a highly dependable car, buy a Vic. Only had car in the shop for regular maintainence, and small stuff like tires or brakes, ac recharge

Performance, room, look

More horsepower

My 1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX
By Bob Macchia

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This is the most dependable, and best car I have ever owned. It is too bad that Ford has dropped the Crown Victoria.

Ride, comfort and style.

I hope they moved the rear defroster switch.

My crown victoria
By Mary Ann DeShazer

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

The only drawback that I can see with this crown victoria is the trunk space. It is definately too small an area to place much luggage or items that you purchase on shopping trips. (i.e.) you can't put a fold up wheel chair in the trunk.

I love the way it drives and handles. The contours of the car are excellent which makes it easy to wash and maintain.

I am somewhat concerned, in that I went looking for a 2007 crown victoria at Jim Norton Ford dealers here in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma and was informed by the sales staff that they no longer make the crown victoria. They informed me that the 2006 was the last year that it was to be made.