1999 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
1999 P71 Crown Vic
By Robert Schyck on 08/01/08 18:25 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

The 1999 Crown Victora is an amazing vehicle when purchased brand new. The rating on a new Police Interceptor model would be very good to excellent in all catagories, however when individuals including myself purchase these used police interceptors the opinions may not be totally accurate, mostly we are evaluating the current condition. Notwithstanding, my Crown Vic has 99,000 miles, impressive power, being white with dark wheels, honeycomb grille and spotlight its appearance is recognizable. Interior in very good condition, altho somewhat plain. It should be noted that for a vehicle this size and weight it has a sport car feel and ride. Overall rating for this particular 99 Crown Vic B+

This car saved my life!
By Stacey B on 06/13/08 08:19 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

The first thing that attracted me to this car was that it was a used police interceptor. I soon fell in love with the smooth ride and the way it drove. Hardly any problems with it, I have maybe replaced under $500 worth of parts in it. It was racking up around 120,000 when I hit a tree. I walked away fine from that accident, because my car took all the force. If that was a smaller car, I would be in the hospital or dead. I love this car so much, and even though I can't drive it because it's smashed in, it still starts!

The Best
By OH YEA on 11/24/07 22:21 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This is the best car ever. It is my second Vic. I love these cars. If you want a highly dependable car, buy a Vic. Only had car in the shop for regular maintainence, and small stuff like tires or brakes, ac recharge

My 1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX
By Bob Macchia on 11/05/06 11:37 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This is the most dependable, and best car I have ever owned. It is too bad that Ford has dropped the Crown Victoria.

My crown victoria
By Mary Ann DeShazer on 10/07/06 17:00 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

The only drawback that I can see with this crown victoria is the trunk space. It is definately too small an area to place much luggage or items that you purchase on shopping trips. (i.e.) you can't put a fold up wheel chair in the trunk.

great 99
By First Ford on 08/15/06 21:09 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 99 with low low mileage. We have put almost 50,000 miles on it with only a brake rotor going bad. It is a great car, I hope they never drop it like the rumors that have been thrown around. GM threw away the LeSabre; 30 mpg full size car for another small bucket seat four passenger car like everything else on the street and road. I am getting sick of medium size cars with no room for head or body.

I'm Keeping It Another 6 years
By Richard on 06/08/06 17:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I've driven LA to Chicago about 6 times round trip and never had any trouble. I'm always amazed after 3 days of 10 hours each at 70 mph how this car shows no sign of fatigue. It's my 2nd Crown Vic.

Problematic Ford
By James on 04/05/06 17:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This is my first and last Ford vehicle. I like the car but it has cost me $9000 in repairs over the last 14 months. The plastic intake manifold cracked 1 month out of extended warranty and Ford corporation would not help whatsoever. I thought I had done my research on this car but perhaps mine is a lemon. I have had numerous electrical problems, replaced many coils. Brake jobs are quite frequent. The fenders have rusted through. There has been a high speed vibration that even Ford cannot figure out. I am absolutely disgusted with the repairs and the cost of repairs on this. You have just pushed another die hard American car lover to swing over to Japanese. Ford...your time is running out!

dependable
By may on 01/11/06 03:58 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I find that the Crown Vic is pretty dependable. It's had a few minor problems. Just recently I had the intake manifold replaced for "free"; there was a settlement with Ford about the intake having possible cracks because it came out with an intake that could crack. I've had to replace my windshield wiper motor twice within like 2 years and had air conditioner problems; that's about all the problems I've had out of mine. My Crown Vic gets run hard, it doesn't get babied around; and it still is running pretty darn good.

Rocket Ride
By highway58 on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Smooth power especially midrange makes passing a breeze. Confident handling at any legal speed makes this car my car of choice for long trips as well as around town. The interior is as big as a small office for those travelling salesman types.