P71 Police Package Vehicle
By crownvicp71 on
1998 Ford Crown Victoria S 4dr Sedan
I bought a 1998 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in January 2006 and I love this car. It performs and handles very well, acceleration is very good, steering is tight and has remained so (well maintained). This vehicle also provides enough ground clearance to run over curbs and other small obstacles in a pinch. Drives well in the snow (I have Goodyear Eagle performance tires), and only needs chains for blizzard conditions going up hills (no joke). This car has the power when you need it, and it is a feature that I love. Police package lets in more noise, but it would be a great family car. We love it for trips, and it gets me everywhere. Great Canadian-American police car, and family car.
Favorite Features
Rubber floor covering is a plus when cleaning up messes and general car cleaning. The 4.6L 281 cubic inch V8 engine. Oil is VERY clean, low maintenance requirements. Rear wheel drive. It is built like a tank, crash tested at high speeds. SAFE. In one word, indestructible. Would buy again, no doubts.
Suggested Improvements
I could build a house in the turning circle, wish it could turn a bit easier but for its size it does great. Don't shorten the car. Transmission shifts hard between first and second when you floor it, may just be mine though. Gas mileage is ok at 17/23 (city/highway), but could be improved.