1998 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
1998 Crown Vic LX with 212,000 Miles
By Damiano from Buffalo on 11/25/09 01:37 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This is a very well made car. I have owned this car for 7 years. Previous owner was an older man who only put 52,000 miles on it. I put an additional 160,000 Miles on it since. I will keep it for another year, and will bring it to about 245k. It is the most reliable car I have ever owned, and along with the Lincoln Town Car and Mercury Grand Marquis is the Most Reliable North American Made Vehicle.

luxury at economy car price
By jscheide on 09/02/09 00:03 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I picked this up at a local auto auction for $800 3 months ago to replace my 2000 Grand Marquis I wrecked. It has the hard to find performance and handling package which is great, it is quick, handles great yet is still comfortable for long trips. Also can hook my boat up fill the car up with cargo and people and the air suspension levels itself out. These cars cost next to nothing too pick up used and keep on the road. 25mpg highway is not bad

Trouble
By Mike Kassey on 08/29/09 09:30 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Headlights 4th set-poor design no quality. Front end - to light for size of car. Wind noise. Poor seat comfort. Rugs & Mats cheap material. Trunk interior paint poor, peals off and leaks water. Shocks to light for the car. Radio a piece of junk. Sold with a governor set by computer at 90mph. Cost you $300 to change out the chip. Large car should come with positive track rear end.

No wonder the cops used these
By Matty on 05/24/09 12:43 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my police interceptor a half a month ago for ,get this, 500 bucks. So naturally for that price I thought it would be a lemon, NOPE!! This car is great! Good fuel mileage for the size of car, lots of legroom, and lots of pep with the 215 HP on tap. Overall great car,would definitely buy another one!

Great
By Dr. B. on 10/30/07 17:17 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I had never owned a large car before. I was shocked at the great gas mileage. It averages 24.8 miles per gallon. This is a mixture of city and highway. Man this is a smooth driving and low cost to maintain vehicle.

Built to last
By AmericanV8dude on 01/22/07 02:09 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I picked up my 'Vic at 4 years old with 40k miles. Some laymen whine about lousy gas mileage but it's really not so bad when you consider how low the cost of maintenance is on this old school American cruiser. It handles like a dream and the V8 makes it a competitor on the highway. Somewhat awkward to drive on cramped city streets but that doesn't seem to bug the cops and cabbies much. I fully intend to buy another when mine finally dies, but at 90K she's still going strong. I pray Ford doesn't make the same mistake Chevy did and discontinue them.

Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
By jeramy on 05/19/05 13:10 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

An overall great car. I've owned several over the years, this is the first with the handling/performance package. The difference is night and day, I won't buy another without it! Good gas mileage for a full size car, handles very well in the snow with traction control and snow tires. Adequate power to get going, excellent for traveling.

1998 Crown Vic LX HPP
By Nells98Vic on 12/29/04 15:03 PM (PST)

1998 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1998 Vic used about 5 years ago. The handling & performance package helps plant the car on the road and lets you drive a bit more aggressively. Nice to drive on the highway, and in the right weather, can be very peppy off the line. Gas mileage stinks, though many people get good numbers. I think I drive too little, as things do improve if I am on the highway a lot. 5 star crash rating, lots of room, peppier than you'd expect for a dinosaur of a car. Winter driving can be tricky, as this year's traction control will make the car stall if overloaded. Switch it off, get 4 snow tires, and use your brain. That's the secret of driving a RWD V8 in the winter.

Built like tanks
By Don P. on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I do a lot of driving and this car is a salesman's dream with the great ride and huge trunk. After a 135,000 miles, the car still runs great with no noticeable decline in MPG. With maintenance, these cars should to 150K -200k+ miles. Also, don't bother with the digital display dash. A waste of money.

crown vic
By dwh on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

98 crown vic police intercepter very nice car but there is a flow with the intake which is plastic and leaks around thermo housing. ford replaces free under recall. i have a noisy squeel under braking, new rotors and pads wont fix the noise. it comes back and mechanics are dumbfumded about it. other than that is good car.