1997 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews 3

1997 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
97 crown victoria
By paul cardin on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

this car drives itself.plenty of room and comfort. lots of power,quiet and smooth.with the motor running and the hood open you cant here any noise.did ford steal jaguar drive train.complete pleasure to own.best large car.

traded for another
By stickbow on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

My previous Crown Vic was 1992 with 175K, engine and transmission still good. But it needed tires and exhaust so I traded for 1997 Crown with 65K. These vehicles run strong for a long time, thousands of police forces can't be wrong. Great for long trips, comfortable, roomy, good V8 power, and gets 26 mpg. My experience is every 50K change the spark plugs, plug wires, and thermostat, they are easy to get to, unlike most V6 engines.

1997 Crown Victoria
By dnb on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Super value for the bucks! Reliable & comfortable

Might be last ford
By fdambowsky on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I am not happy with the vehicle. Brakes, Brakes, Brakes at 64k i've put them in 4 times so far. At 24k transmission had a "washboard" feeling. Fuel line got a leak at 35k. Checked for recalls and found the the "police" version was recalled for the same reason in the exact same location that my fuel line leaked. Dealer said "not covered because it doesn't happen to the non police vehicles. Gee, looked like it did to me. Gas economy??? 12.8 miles per gallon. Have owned many Fords in the past...this may well be my last.....

A nice car
By 2smooth on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Last of the surviving "real" cars America makes. The reason their used as cop cars and taxi's is because their reliable, comfortable, handle good, and reasonably powerful. They have a nice quiet smooth ride like driving a sofa. Oh yeah, huge trunk too (who needs a bike rack?). Great for long trips. I think the 98' body style is a little better on the eye, but thats just my opinion.

Good Car
By aldo on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Surprising power with decent gas milage. Good on long trips with the family. Plenty big trunk. Handles well, steering kind of twitchy. Drivers seat uncomfortable but with electric adjustability I can usually find an acceptable position. My friends love this car on road trips.

Stealth cop cruiser!
By Larry H. on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

I love the look on people's faces when they slow down behind me to make sure it isn't an unmarked cop car. Power. Just put your foot down to the firewall - and HOLD ON! The fabric on the driver's seat is showing wear. On long trips there is not another car on the road which brings such pleasure to drive. I can't wait to buy a 2003 Sport model!!!

factory defect
By 40yrforder on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

weld securing steering arm did not hold;ford diagnosed this as "defective"but since warranty has expired will do nothing.this is a life threatening problem which they have dismissed;no more fords for me.

clean
By Aaron Grassel on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

vechicle is in good shape and is mechanically in great shape

Mary's Crown Vic
By Louis Weimer on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

The car is wonderful and I love it. I am getting a new crown vic