Used 1997 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

great car
By dextertharp

1997 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

My crown vic was givin to me by my dad in 2006 or 07 it almost as 200000 miles on it and still running like it was bran new. it handles really great driving it is so smooth and when it shifts you cant feel it it gets about 20 to 25 miles to a gallon

Great Handling shifts great great on gas

there is a recall on all 97 crown vic something about the cruise control drips could cause car damage and personal injury

Best cars ever
By Coinneach

1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I've driven Crown Vics (and variants thereof) since I first got my license in 1987. There's a good reason for my loyalty: Vics do everything well. Take reasonable care of a Vic and it will last forever; abuse it and it'll still do 250K easily. My current Vic is a '97 with 140K and my friends don't believe she's that old - she still looks, drives, and smells like she's fresh from the factory. Summary: best cars ever.

Smooth ride, very comfortable, outstanding safety and reliability, and the legendary 4.6L V-8.

Long reach to the stereo due to the wide cabin. Economy (17/25) could be better, but what do you expect from a 4,000 pound V-8?

97 Crown Victoria
By Pgodio1

1997 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

These cars are built to last! You can beat them and they run forever. They last ten times longer than any civilian vehicle. I had a 94 CVPI that I sold with 250,000 miles on it. still running strong. The Crown vic is a beast, a bear in the winter!

Big body style, smooth ride, get me from point A to B and back when I need it to. Great car!

Recalled a lot
By DJ

1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 2005 with only 89,000 miles on it. Shortly after buying it the passenger window stopped working, then the accelerator cable broke, the brake sensor broke, so the car wouldn't start, then the rear drivers window stopped working, the heating and air conditioning smells like mold, on fleet vehicles this was recalled and fixed for the 1997, the ball joints are loose, also been recalled on fleet vehicles, the seat belt clasp broke and the car has been recalled twice for a faulty cruise control, after getting it replaced my check engine light came on and I am now looking for a new car. This will be my last Ford, as they just don't make a good car anymore.

Smooth feel when you drive.

Make a car that isn't going to fall apart and one that doesn't smell like mold.

200,000 still my favorite of all
By Bamawayne

1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Our Crown Vic has been the most enjoyable automobile we have ever owned. The only thing that has been replaced was the plastic intake manifold. I took it to the shop last week to have the front end aligned, it had been 5 years since it had been to a mechanic, they told me there was nothing wrong with the suspension. It still has all the original parts, nothing has been changed. I have kept it serviced; oil changed every 5000 miles, 4 sets of brake shoes, transmission serviced 2 times, 2 sets of spark plugs, my wife has totaled her minivan and wants another Crown Vic.

V8, full frame, rear wheel drive, reliable,