Used 1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

Best car value
By racinchef

1997 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

When I first saw this car I passed it by, but after looking at a few other cars on the lot the dealer pointed it out to me, so I looked at it more closely; from that point on this car has grown on me. The car is super reliable, gets good gas mileage on the highway, and rides very comfortably. A/C is awesome too! Replaced headliner, ball joint and upgraded OEM stereo. Also had all windows tinted except windshield. Great value car, I love it!

Favorite Features

A/C, info center, climate control

Suggested Improvements

The stereo

Best car ever
By Coinneach

1997 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Note the amount of miles I drive: in any other car, this much seat time would be intolerable. I've owned several Crown Vics: they're comfortable, reliable, and safer than anything else in the full-size class (ask me about the time I was rear-ended at extremely high speed during a blizzard). You can drive them like an old man if you wish, or you can put your foot down and fling them around with abandon. I've brought 3 very large friends along on road trips, and none of them had a single complaint about the car.

Favorite Features

Ride quality is extremely smooth and quiet. 4.6 L performance. The reactions of other drivers when they see me looming in their rear-view.

Suggested Improvements

Bit late to suggest anything as FoMoCo has killed off the CV line (fools! you FOOLS!). A diesel or gas-hybrid version would have eliminated the only quibble, that being the relatively low fuel economy.

best car ever!
By pespan1427

1997 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

It's the most fun driving experience with plenty of v8 power. I can't believe it's only 190 hp! Smooth driving, comfortable leather seats. I like how the dash board is all digital. Now I need to put a cd player that can match the green lighting. I bought it used with 84,000 miles. And it's still smell new!

Favorite Features

digital info about your cars miles per gallon, v8 power with tons of potential for more.

Suggested Improvements

none. this is a must own car!

wedgewood masterpiece
By paul cardin

1997 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

its been 6 years since i purchased the car, what a great car ,no problems.ford did an awesome job on this one. 110,000miles.this is definately a keeper! buy one!

Favorite Features

size,full frame,v8 power,effortless driving.when i go on trips it seems to take less time in this car!

Suggested Improvements

none!!!!

Best cars ever
By Coinneach

1997 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I've driven Crown Vics (and variants thereof) since I first got my license in 1987. There's a good reason for my loyalty: Vics do everything well. Take reasonable care of a Vic and it will last forever; abuse it and it'll still do 250K easily. My current Vic is a '97 with 140K and my friends don't believe she's that old - she still looks, drives, and smells like she's fresh from the factory. Summary: best cars ever.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, very comfortable, outstanding safety and reliability, and the legendary 4.6L V-8.

Suggested Improvements

Long reach to the stereo due to the wide cabin. Economy (17/25) could be better, but what do you expect from a 4,000 pound V-8?