Used 1996 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

1996 Crown Victoria
By Easley

1996 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Good solid car. Watch the plastic intake manifold (it splits and sprays water on the alternator). Also, the transmission can be faulty on shifting (it stutters between gears due to bad shift timing and faulty fluid).

Big Car

Fix the interior door panels. they all break by the interior door pull.

1996 Crown Vic is great car
By mike_weiss

1996 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My father got this car from a retiring cop in NYC. It is seriously the greatest car I have ever driven, and I own 3 other cars; a 2003 Cadillac Escalade, a 2002 Lincoln LSE, and a 1998 Ford Windstar. The Vic just gives me a good feeling when I am driving it.

I love how the car is so big, there is nothing cooler than a big car. Also, the cop and my dad put on some "aftermarket" features, such as lights and sirens, a megaphone, CB and scanners. its supersweet.

The one thing is that since i live in the pocono mountains and i drive like 2- 3 hours a day, i wish the gas mileage would be a little bit better. But I'm not complaining. The car is seriously sweet.

Bad engineering - intake manifold
By coololdguy

1996 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

This has been a dependable car, with the exception of a few manufacturing defects that Ford isn't ready to believe. 1. Plastic intake manifold tends to crack and loose antifreeze around 60m+ miles 2. Ball joints have no greasing feature and tend to make considerable noise and will fall out at 60M+ miles. 3. Hood safety catch will let loose when going down the road, making this car extremely dangerous.

Big car ride

Fix the above problems to make the car more reliable and less costly to maintain.

VORTECH VIC PROJECT CAR
By Jason Wendel

1996 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I'd give my Vic a perfect 10 even though nothing is perfect. When I am complete with my project I'll certainly make it viewable to everyone who would like to see it. RENEGADE VORTECH VIC *

4.6L V8 281 SOHC Engine Power everything, and a really comfortable ride!

brake lines in left rear need to be moved for more space to add dual exhaust with no hassle.

My FooFie car
By Tammy Moore

1996 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My 1996 Crwn Vic was a preowned vehicle, garage kept and in EXCELLENT condition! At first I was skeptical, I drove a Ford Explorer and I was very attached. It took a couple of weeks and I was HOOKED! The power, comfort and quite ride was wonderful, unlike my 94 Explorer with 197,000 miles. I Love my FooFie car, I will never own any other model. We have 3 Fords in the family, all of them have over 100,000 miles. Now that is FORD TOUGH!!

Acceleration, comfort of the leather seats, leg room for my husband, my teenage boys and all our luggage.