Used 1996 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

Amazing Car!
By youngelvis

1996 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Crown Victoria LX with 84000 on it. Has ALL the options, including Memory Seat! Digital Dash, Premium Sound System, Air Suspension and Digital Climate Controls! What an amazing Car! Now has almost 300K on it! Original Engine, Transmission! I've only had to change the A/C Compressor and Water Pump! Have gone through almost FOUR Sets of Tires! Driven on 19 Hour One Day Trips with this Car! My Drummer calls it the "Flying Couch"! What a comfortable, yet quiet car. Gets almost 24 MPG. Tows amazingly well! Trailer and Boat!

Favorite Features

Air Suspension! Super Smooth Level Ride! Handles like a Sports Car! SOOOO Comfortable especially on LONG Trips! Killer Factory Stereo as well! Cannot say enough Good things about this car! Still looks like NEW! Most people think it's a 2005 or so....

Suggested Improvements

NONE! Ford did Everything RIGHT with this car! Now I know why COPS Love these cars!

P71 Interceptor
By Jay

1996 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car two months ago. The car has the police interceptor package. I've fixed the handful of minor problems the car had upon intital purchase. It's fun to drive with plenty of acceleration and good handling for a car that size. Plenty of room for the wife and kids. Also a lot of metal around you in the event of an accident.

Favorite Features

The sheer amount of room inside and the huge trunk are great for a family. The performance upgrades are nice. Just becuase I have three kids is no reason not to be able to enjoy what I drive.

Suggested Improvements

Move the trunk release from the center of the dash to the driver's door panel like a Maxima. Replace trunk hinges with a gas-strut assembly for even more room.

Vail - Value of my crown
By Roy Vail

1996 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is very comfortable, has a heavy feeling, stable on the road; gets near 25 mpg on hwy; has required very little repair (some electronic parts replacement); has some of the heavier features on the police equipped cars.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, heavy, stable, has no hub-caps, interior clean & cloth seats; nice blue upholstery.

What a car!
By Luke Houston

1996 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I'm 16, just got it. I know that you'll think I only like it because it's my first car... that may be partly true, but I asked for this car. I love it; it's got a lot of power, acceleration, and interior room. This is a police interceptor I own; it has no carpet, the heater core leaks, and the exterior has some missing trim. However, as far as the car itself.. it still performs very well.

Favorite Features

"Low fuel" indicator light, great acceleration, huge amount of cargo space/passenger room.

Suggested Improvements

More lateral support in the front seats, and there is too much plastic on the instrument panel.

a
By srcOR

1996 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

Buy the police package if you can find one in good shape. I have 140K on mine with no mechanical problems whatsoever. For the price, you can't beat it if you're looking for a solid, rear wheel drive, V8, full size vehicle that can drive like a smaller car.

Favorite Features

Windows roll down with the key on acc., doors open from the inside even if locked, e-brake automatically disengages when car is in drive, solid suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Performance is OK, but for a 289 C.I. V8, it could have more than 210 horses, especially considering what the new 4 cylinder engines are putting out.