Used 1996 Ford Crown Victoria LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

Amazing Car!
By youngelvis

1996 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Crown Victoria LX with 84000 on it. Has ALL the options, including Memory Seat! Digital Dash, Premium Sound System, Air Suspension and Digital Climate Controls! What an amazing Car! Now has almost 300K on it! Original Engine, Transmission! I've only had to change the A/C Compressor and Water Pump! Have gone through almost FOUR Sets of Tires! Driven on 19 Hour One Day Trips with this Car! My Drummer calls it the "Flying Couch"! What a comfortable, yet quiet car. Gets almost 24 MPG. Tows amazingly well! Trailer and Boat!

Favorite Features

Air Suspension! Super Smooth Level Ride! Handles like a Sports Car! SOOOO Comfortable especially on LONG Trips! Killer Factory Stereo as well! Cannot say enough Good things about this car! Still looks like NEW! Most people think it's a 2005 or so....

Suggested Improvements

NONE! Ford did Everything RIGHT with this car! Now I know why COPS Love these cars!

Vail - Value of my crown
By Roy Vail

1996 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is very comfortable, has a heavy feeling, stable on the road; gets near 25 mpg on hwy; has required very little repair (some electronic parts replacement); has some of the heavier features on the police equipped cars.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, heavy, stable, has no hub-caps, interior clean & cloth seats; nice blue upholstery.

1996 Crown Victoria
By Easley

1996 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Good solid car. Watch the plastic intake manifold (it splits and sprays water on the alternator). Also, the transmission can be faulty on shifting (it stutters between gears due to bad shift timing and faulty fluid).

Favorite Features

Big Car

Suggested Improvements

Fix the interior door panels. they all break by the interior door pull.

1996 Crown Vic is great car
By mike_weiss

1996 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

My father got this car from a retiring cop in NYC. It is seriously the greatest car I have ever driven, and I own 3 other cars; a 2003 Cadillac Escalade, a 2002 Lincoln LSE, and a 1998 Ford Windstar. The Vic just gives me a good feeling when I am driving it.

Favorite Features

I love how the car is so big, there is nothing cooler than a big car. Also, the cop and my dad put on some "aftermarket" features, such as lights and sirens, a megaphone, CB and scanners. its supersweet.

Suggested Improvements

The one thing is that since i live in the pocono mountains and i drive like 2- 3 hours a day, i wish the gas mileage would be a little bit better. But I'm not complaining. The car is seriously sweet.

VORTECH VIC PROJECT CAR
By Jason Wendel

1996 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I'd give my Vic a perfect 10 even though nothing is perfect. When I am complete with my project I'll certainly make it viewable to everyone who would like to see it. RENEGADE VORTECH VIC *

Favorite Features

4.6L V8 281 SOHC Engine Power everything, and a really comfortable ride!

Suggested Improvements

brake lines in left rear need to be moved for more space to add dual exhaust with no hassle.