Used 1996 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

Get up and go the cheap way
By Marsha Colucci

1996 Ford Crown Victoria S 4dr Sedan

I can drive from south Lawton, Oklahoma to Mobile, Alabama on $50.00 for gas. This car does not use any oil. I had to do little work to this car. I have bought 2 batteries, upper ball joints on front (both), shocks all around, belt, and gas cap. I bought this car in 2005. It had 23000 miles and looked new. It needs a paint job as the paint is fading but I have never had a car as good as this one. I have several people tell me if and when I want to get rid of it to let them know. They are amazed of the gas mileage. I have traveled with other people, they were in their car, I was in mine, they had to stop for gas and every third stop I would fill up only using half a tank. They were amazed. That was from south of Lawton, Oklahoma to Mobile, Alabama. Great Car!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing Car!
By youngelvis

1996 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Crown Victoria LX with 84000 on it. Has ALL the options, including Memory Seat! Digital Dash, Premium Sound System, Air Suspension and Digital Climate Controls!
What an amazing Car! Now has almost 300K on it! Original Engine, Transmission! I've only had to change the A/C Compressor and Water Pump!
Have gone through almost FOUR Sets of Tires!
Driven on 19 Hour One Day Trips with this Car!
My Drummer calls it the "Flying Couch"! What a comfortable, yet quiet car. Gets almost 24 MPG. Tows amazingly well! Trailer and Boat!

Air Suspension! Super Smooth Level Ride! Handles like a Sports Car! SOOOO Comfortable especially on LONG Trips! Killer Factory Stereo as well! Cannot say enough Good things about this car! Still looks like NEW! Most people think it's a 2005 or so....

NONE! Ford did Everything RIGHT with this car! Now I know why COPS Love these cars!

P71 Interceptor
By Jay

1996 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

I bought this car two months ago. The car has the police interceptor package. I've fixed the handful of minor problems the car had upon intital purchase. It's fun to drive with plenty of acceleration and good handling for a car that size. Plenty of room for the wife and kids. Also a lot of metal around you in the event of an accident.

The sheer amount of room inside and the huge trunk are great for a family. The performance upgrades are nice. Just becuase I have three kids is no reason not to be able to enjoy what I drive.

Move the trunk release from the center of the dash to the driver's door panel like a Maxima. Replace trunk hinges with a gas-strut assembly for even more room.

Vail - Value of my crown
By Roy Vail

1996 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is very comfortable, has a heavy feeling, stable on the road; gets near 25 mpg on hwy; has required very little repair (some electronic parts replacement); has some of the heavier features on the police equipped cars.

Comfortable, heavy, stable, has no hub-caps, interior clean & cloth seats; nice blue upholstery.

What a car!
By Luke Houston

1996 Ford Crown Victoria S 4dr Sedan

I'm 16, just got it. I know that you'll
think I only like it because it's my
first car... that may be partly true,
but I asked for this car. I love it;
it's got a lot of power, acceleration,
and interior room. This is a police
interceptor I own; it has no carpet, the
heater core leaks, and the exterior has
some missing trim. However, as far as
the car itself.. it still performs very
well.

"Low fuel" indicator light, great acceleration, huge amount of cargo space/passenger room.

More lateral support in the front seats, and there is too much plastic on the instrument panel.