1996 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
P71 Interceptor
By Jay on 04/30/07 05:39 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

I bought this car two months ago. The car has the police interceptor package. I've fixed the handful of minor problems the car had upon intital purchase. It's fun to drive with plenty of acceleration and good handling for a car that size. Plenty of room for the wife and kids. Also a lot of metal around you in the event of an accident.

Vail - Value of my crown
By Roy Vail on 07/02/05 18:09 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is very comfortable, has a heavy feeling, stable on the road; gets near 25 mpg on hwy; has required very little repair (some electronic parts replacement); has some of the heavier features on the police equipped cars.

What a car!
By Luke Houston on 11/06/04 21:54 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Crown Victoria S 4dr Sedan

I'm 16, just got it. I know that you'll think I only like it because it's my first car... that may be partly true, but I asked for this car. I love it; it's got a lot of power, acceleration, and interior room. This is a police interceptor I own; it has no carpet, the heater core leaks, and the exterior has some missing trim. However, as far as the car itself.. it still performs very well.

a
By srcOR on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

Buy the police package if you can find one in good shape. I have 140K on mine with no mechanical problems whatsoever. For the price, you can't beat it if you're looking for a solid, rear wheel drive, V8, full size vehicle that can drive like a smaller car.

1996 Crown Victoria
By Easley on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Good solid car. Watch the plastic intake manifold (it splits and sprays water on the alternator). Also, the transmission can be faulty on shifting (it stutters between gears due to bad shift timing and faulty fluid).

1996 Crown Vic is great car
By mike_weiss on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

My father got this car from a retiring cop in NYC. It is seriously the greatest car I have ever driven, and I own 3 other cars; a 2003 Cadillac Escalade, a 2002 Lincoln LSE, and a 1998 Ford Windstar. The Vic just gives me a good feeling when I am driving it.

Bad engineering - intake manifold
By coololdguy on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

This has been a dependable car, with the exception of a few manufacturing defects that Ford isn't ready to believe. 1. Plastic intake manifold tends to crack and loose antifreeze around 60m+ miles 2. Ball joints have no greasing feature and tend to make considerable noise and will fall out at 60M+ miles. 3. Hood safety catch will let loose when going down the road, making this car extremely dangerous.

VORTECH VIC PROJECT CAR
By Jason Wendel on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I'd give my Vic a perfect 10 even though nothing is perfect. When I am complete with my project I'll certainly make it viewable to everyone who would like to see it. RENEGADE VORTECH VIC *

My FooFie car
By Tammy Moore on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

My 1996 Crwn Vic was a preowned vehicle, garage kept and in EXCELLENT condition! At first I was skeptical, I drove a Ford Explorer and I was very attached. It took a couple of weeks and I was HOOKED! The power, comfort and quite ride was wonderful, unlike my 94 Explorer with 197,000 miles. I Love my FooFie car, I will never own any other model. We have 3 Fords in the family, all of them have over 100,000 miles. Now that is FORD TOUGH!!

Never own a Ford b4, nothing else now.
By Bobby D on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Solid !