1993 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
crown vic
By tenniss on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This car has no leg room

Too many breakdowns
By Horacio on 05/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Good car for a mechanic to use and repair. Not for whom all repairs are paid to others to perform. Had to rebuilt the transmission at 90000 miles. Smokes (blue). Now requires $2000 in engine repairs. All the electric windows motors had to be replaced. Recurrent problems with the ignition key, alternator, fuel injection system, etc. Ford, give me a break!

1993 Ford Crown Victoria
By Irv Hitzler on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This car is extremely reliable,comfortable interior and all around good looks. The engine is extremely quiet yet responsive to this day, almost 10 years after I bought it.

So far so Good
By tonka on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Since i bought it there were two majors problems ( the whole motor needed to reconstr. and shocks,pitman, but as i said so far so good .-

Great Road Crusier/Family Car
By Erggie on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

After 170,000 miles and three major accidents (no injuries and the other guy at fault), I have nothing but praise for the Crown Vic. Living in the snow belt, I have never been stuck in the snow regardless of the depth.

I LOVE MY CROWN
By I LOVE MY WIFE HOLLY on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

WELL ITS GOT ME THROUGH THICK AND thin and its reLIABLEIT ALMOSTAS RELIABLE AS MY 1991 VW JETTA GL 1.8L ENGINE

PIG IN SNOW
By maarilyn on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

OVER THE LAST 15 YEARS I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT CROWN VICS BUT AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT NOTICED IT IS A PIG IN BAD WEATHER?? EVERY YEAR THEY CLAIM TO FIX THAT PROBLEM, BUT NEVER DO. MY SON JUST TOTALLED THE CAR LAST WEEK, ALTHOUGH HE WAS NOT SPEEDING, IT WAS RAINING AND THE CAR FISHTAILED WHEN HE STEPPED ON THE BRAKES!

If it's good enough for the cops!
By beaker440 on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

My Crown Vic is the best vehicle I have ever owned. My wife has a 2000 Continental, and I prefer driving my Crown rather than her Lincoln. As my father-in-law used to say, "If it's good enough for the cops, then it's good enough for me." My only disappointment is the city mileage is low, but highway mileage is fine.

Satisfied Owner
By Don Millar on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

The best auto I have owned. At 113,000 miles, no breakdowns ever. No wearout or replacement of major parts required ie. water pump, exhaust system, alternator, a/c, fuel pump, shocks, etc. Original tires had 85,000 miles before replacement required. Even then, no uneven wear or cupping. No wheel alignments required. No body rust problems even in Minnesota. Engine burns no oil between recommended oil changes. Smooth, quiet,effortless ride. Excellent highway car.

A monsterwith a 4.6L V8, but...
By swan on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle on january, 2002 and now it's been 8 months. I have 79000 on the car and it already stated burning oil and I'm talking about serious blue smoke that coming. This terribble situation now requires a valve job which is going to cost around a thousand dollars. Plus the EGR valve keeps causing check engine light problems. I think I'll just buy a honda V6 next time.