Used 1993 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

The perfect size
By keith hall

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This 1993 Ford Crown Vic. is the perfect size car for me. It is very maneuverable and solid on the road. It is very comfortable on trips, has plenty of zip,and handles great on corners. At 70 miles an hour I can get between 23 and 26 miles to the gallon of gas on a trip.

Favorite Features

My most favorite feature is the fact that it is rear wheel drive. I don't like front wheel drive cars as they have no frame under them. Love the electric adjustable drivers seat.

Suggested Improvements

Better metal in the brake lines and gas lines. They seem to rot off to easily.

Great Car for just $1,000.
By Joseph

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I've been driving My Vic for a lil' over 2 years now, paid a $1,000. The only real expense was for tires and had to change out the O2 sensors. Gas isn't too bad; I average about 22 to 28 miles per gallon combined. For a 13 year old car how can anyone complain? The car does smoke a lil' if I slam on the gas but like I said it is 13 years old. Over all an excellent vehicle.

Favorite Features

Leg Room, head room, I am 6'5" and I have plenty of room, no more drilling holes to move the seat back, WooHoo! Oh and it is kind of fun to beat people with the grandma car.

Suggested Improvements

A floor shifter would be nice, better cup holders, a lil' more horse power (I have it up to 230 but no reason Ford couldn't start it off at 250).

Good Old Crown Vic
By Robert

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I've ever had. Its performance is clearly that of a cop car--powerful, fast, and smooth. At 192,000 miles, I had the engine rebuilt. Shortly after that, the odometer broke, and I've put three years more driving on it. My biggest complaint is the power windows kept failing and the power locks were troublesome too. But never any major trouble with it.

Favorite Features

Roomy, comfortable, quick pickup, giant trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Make the window motors more durable and make the door locks out of metal, not plastic. Provide better cup holders.

Decent Car for the Price
By statesec

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Overall this is an excellent car. I am the second owner and bought in '97 so I have nearly a decade of use with it. Overall a reliable car with the following caveats. 92-95 trannies need an overhaul around 90-120k (not a rebuild), valve seals are a weak point on pre '97; should only cost about $800 (dealers will often tell you need a rebuild when you don't), electric windows are weak and the brake/fuel lines can rust out when the cars get older on the pre '98 models (later models use plastic coated lines).

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, easy to work on.

Suggested Improvements

The earlier models 92-97 had some teething pains but still a decent car for the price.

Best car ever
By David

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This is by far the best car that I have ever had. My previous cars being a '92 Ford Taurus L Wagon and a '88 Chevrolet Celebrity. Even though this car gets poor gas mileage (about 15 in town and 19 highway), it well makes up for that in all other categories. The 4.6L V-8 really gives it some power. This car was designed to be a police car and it shows it in its performance and reliability.

Favorite Features

Power antenna, cornering lights, rear wheel drive, cruise control, remote keyless entry, keypad on door (great if you lock your keys in the car), 10 disc CD changer (not standard equipment).

Suggested Improvements

I would like to have seen them available with Ford's 5.4L V-8 and a 4x4 would also be nice.