Used 1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

Keeps going and going
By brianvicars

1993 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

236,000 miles and just keeps going. Bought it new in '93 loaded. Still gets good mileage and passes smog test every two years. Hope to keep it many more years.

Favorite Features

quiet and smooth ride 10 disc cd player still works after 20 years

Bad valve seals
By bill

1993 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought it used with 50,000. the valve seals went bad at 150,000. Dropped in a ford remanufactured engine and now has 210,000. Radio wend bad and have replace all window motors - TWICE! mileage on a trip was 30 on the old engine, only 27 on the new one, but the new one has much more pep. go figure. Great car, if I find another good used one, I'll buy it and put it on blocks.

Favorite Features

Smooth, quiet, reliable

Suggested Improvements

Fix the darn window motors!

So impressed!
By Kman

1993 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

After borrowing, then owning, this car for over a decade, I just had to write a review! The Crown is super smooth, has excellent acceleration, is pretty nimble for being so big, EXTREMELY RELIABLE, has pretty good gas mileage, and is VERY comfortable. Why bother writing a review on a 1993 car in 2009? Because it deserves it. Bought it with over 60k in 1996, and have put nearly 300k MORE MILES on it since. Only had to call AAA once in all these years! And that was for something I should have replaced a long time before that! I have gotten 28 mpg highway, and still get 25 mpg. I used to take naps in there it was so comfortable. To top it off, it is quick - even from 0-69 mph!

Favorite Features

Acceleration, Reliability, Highway MPG

Suggested Improvements

Could use some more legroom for taller people

'93 Crown Vic, bought used
By Fritz P

1993 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Have owned for a little over 2 years. Car was well maintained but did have 121,000 miles when purchased. I bought it in North Carolina when I was living there. have lived in ohio before and since. I really like the car and have had to do only routine maintainence thus far. The only drawback is the size, weight and the price of gas!

Favorite Features

I like the leather seats, the sound system, the V8 power and the 4 wheel disc brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Kind of plain looking, could use better gas mileage but that's the nature of a car this large.

The perfect size
By keith hall

1993 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This 1993 Ford Crown Vic. is the perfect size car for me. It is very maneuverable and solid on the road. It is very comfortable on trips, has plenty of zip,and handles great on corners. At 70 miles an hour I can get between 23 and 26 miles to the gallon of gas on a trip.

Favorite Features

My most favorite feature is the fact that it is rear wheel drive. I don't like front wheel drive cars as they have no frame under them. Love the electric adjustable drivers seat.

Suggested Improvements

Better metal in the brake lines and gas lines. They seem to rot off to easily.