Used 1993 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

Keeps going and going
By brianvicars

1993 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

236,000 miles and just keeps going. Bought it new in '93 loaded. Still gets good mileage and passes smog test every two years. Hope to keep it many more years.

quiet and smooth ride 10 disc cd player still works after 20 years

Bad valve seals
By bill

1993 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought it used with 50,000. the valve seals went bad at 150,000. Dropped in a ford remanufactured engine and now has 210,000. Radio wend bad and have replace all window motors - TWICE! mileage on a trip was 30 on the old engine, only 27 on the new one, but the new one has much more pep. go figure. Great car, if I find another good used one, I'll buy it and put it on blocks.

Smooth, quiet, reliable

Fix the darn window motors!

So impressed!
By Kman

1993 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

After borrowing, then owning, this car for over a decade, I just had to write a review! The Crown is super smooth, has excellent acceleration, is pretty nimble for being so big, EXTREMELY RELIABLE, has pretty good gas mileage, and is VERY comfortable. Why bother writing a review on a 1993 car in 2009? Because it deserves it. Bought it with over 60k in 1996, and have put nearly 300k MORE MILES on it since. Only had to call AAA once in all these years! And that was for something I should have replaced a long time before that! I have gotten 28 mpg highway, and still get 25 mpg. I used to take naps in there it was so comfortable. To top it off, it is quick - even from 0-69 mph!

Acceleration, Reliability, Highway MPG

Could use some more legroom for taller people

p71 police interseptor
By jl121883

1993 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan

owned this car from 93k now has 115k most reliable car i have owned never left me stranded. put in full synthetic oil and premium gas and my mpg went from 15 to 20 city have seen 25-32 hwy (32 to ok from sd when first got was drivein by my grandma b4 i owned but i hot roded it around alot and got 25 mpg when moved back 2 years later both trips my car was packed with as much i it could hold) driving interstate from sd to ok only had to replace fuel pump but even going out it never left me stranded drove from ok to ne before replaced just hard start when it got hot out. the stereo having 6x8 at the high midle of the door and 6x9 in the back made 4 great stereo upgrade capability and huge trunk

speakers couldn't get beter for location or size and huge trunk but makes even 2 12s sound half as loud as my 88 couger due to the great sound proofing and thick back seats. the aluminum composite drive shaft that came in p71 police interseptors good for speeds of up to 150mph and 130amp alt

beter style looks pregnant but cant realy complain its a full size car

'93 Crown Vic, bought used
By Fritz P

1993 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Have owned for a little over 2 years. Car was well maintained but did have 121,000 miles when purchased. I bought it in North Carolina when I was living there. have lived in ohio before and since. I really like the car and have had to do only routine maintainence thus far. The only drawback is the size, weight and the price of gas!

I like the leather seats, the sound system, the V8 power and the 4 wheel disc brakes.

Kind of plain looking, could use better gas mileage but that's the nature of a car this large.