1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Keeps going and going
By brianvicars

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

236,000 miles and just keeps going. Bought it new in '93 loaded. Still gets good mileage and passes smog test every two years. Hope to keep it many more years.

Favorite Features

quiet and smooth ride 10 disc cd player still works after 20 years

Bad valve seals
By bill

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Bought it used with 50,000. the valve seals went bad at 150,000. Dropped in a ford remanufactured engine and now has 210,000. Radio wend bad and have replace all window motors - TWICE! mileage on a trip was 30 on the old engine, only 27 on the new one, but the new one has much more pep. go figure. Great car, if I find another good used one, I'll buy it and put it on blocks.

Favorite Features

Smooth, quiet, reliable

Suggested Improvements

Fix the darn window motors!

So impressed!
By Kman

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

After borrowing, then owning, this car for over a decade, I just had to write a review! The Crown is super smooth, has excellent acceleration, is pretty nimble for being so big, EXTREMELY RELIABLE, has pretty good gas mileage, and is VERY comfortable. Why bother writing a review on a 1993 car in 2009? Because it deserves it. Bought it with over 60k in 1996, and have put nearly 300k MORE MILES on it since. Only had to call AAA once in all these years! And that was for something I should have replaced a long time before that! I have gotten 28 mpg highway, and still get 25 mpg. I used to take naps in there it was so comfortable. To top it off, it is quick - even from 0-69 mph!

Favorite Features

Acceleration, Reliability, Highway MPG

Suggested Improvements

Could use some more legroom for taller people

'93 Crown Vic, bought used
By Fritz P

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Have owned for a little over 2 years. Car was well maintained but did have 121,000 miles when purchased. I bought it in North Carolina when I was living there. have lived in ohio before and since. I really like the car and have had to do only routine maintainence thus far. The only drawback is the size, weight and the price of gas!

Favorite Features

I like the leather seats, the sound system, the V8 power and the 4 wheel disc brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Kind of plain looking, could use better gas mileage but that's the nature of a car this large.

The perfect size
By keith hall

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This 1993 Ford Crown Vic. is the perfect size car for me. It is very maneuverable and solid on the road. It is very comfortable on trips, has plenty of zip,and handles great on corners. At 70 miles an hour I can get between 23 and 26 miles to the gallon of gas on a trip.

Favorite Features

My most favorite feature is the fact that it is rear wheel drive. I don't like front wheel drive cars as they have no frame under them. Love the electric adjustable drivers seat.

Suggested Improvements

Better metal in the brake lines and gas lines. They seem to rot off to easily.

Great Car for just $1,000.
By Joseph

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I've been driving My Vic for a lil' over 2 years now, paid a $1,000. The only real expense was for tires and had to change out the O2 sensors. Gas isn't too bad; I average about 22 to 28 miles per gallon combined. For a 13 year old car how can anyone complain? The car does smoke a lil' if I slam on the gas but like I said it is 13 years old. Over all an excellent vehicle.

Favorite Features

Leg Room, head room, I am 6'5" and I have plenty of room, no more drilling holes to move the seat back, WooHoo! Oh and it is kind of fun to beat people with the grandma car.

Suggested Improvements

A floor shifter would be nice, better cup holders, a lil' more horse power (I have it up to 230 but no reason Ford couldn't start it off at 250).

Good Old Crown Vic
By Robert

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I've ever had. Its performance is clearly that of a cop car--powerful, fast, and smooth. At 192,000 miles, I had the engine rebuilt. Shortly after that, the odometer broke, and I've put three years more driving on it. My biggest complaint is the power windows kept failing and the power locks were troublesome too. But never any major trouble with it.

Favorite Features

Roomy, comfortable, quick pickup, giant trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Make the window motors more durable and make the door locks out of metal, not plastic. Provide better cup holders.

Decent Car for the Price
By statesec

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Overall this is an excellent car. I am the second owner and bought in '97 so I have nearly a decade of use with it. Overall a reliable car with the following caveats. 92-95 trannies need an overhaul around 90-120k (not a rebuild), valve seals are a weak point on pre '97; should only cost about $800 (dealers will often tell you need a rebuild when you don't), electric windows are weak and the brake/fuel lines can rust out when the cars get older on the pre '98 models (later models use plastic coated lines).

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, easy to work on.

Suggested Improvements

The earlier models 92-97 had some teething pains but still a decent car for the price.

Best car ever
By David

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This is by far the best car that I have ever had. My previous cars being a '92 Ford Taurus L Wagon and a '88 Chevrolet Celebrity. Even though this car gets poor gas mileage (about 15 in town and 19 highway), it well makes up for that in all other categories. The 4.6L V-8 really gives it some power. This car was designed to be a police car and it shows it in its performance and reliability.

Favorite Features

Power antenna, cornering lights, rear wheel drive, cruise control, remote keyless entry, keypad on door (great if you lock your keys in the car), 10 disc CD changer (not standard equipment).

Suggested Improvements

I would like to have seen them available with Ford's 5.4L V-8 and a 4x4 would also be nice.

crown vic
By tenniss

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This car has no leg room

Favorite Features

reliability

Suggested Improvements

more leg room