1993 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
Keeps going and going
By brianvicars on 11/15/12 20:30 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

236,000 miles and just keeps going. Bought it new in '93 loaded. Still gets good mileage and passes smog test every two years. Hope to keep it many more years.

Bad valve seals
By bill on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Bought it used with 50,000. the valve seals went bad at 150,000. Dropped in a ford remanufactured engine and now has 210,000. Radio wend bad and have replace all window motors - TWICE! mileage on a trip was 30 on the old engine, only 27 on the new one, but the new one has much more pep. go figure. Great car, if I find another good used one, I'll buy it and put it on blocks.

So impressed!
By Kman on 07/21/09 15:49 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

After borrowing, then owning, this car for over a decade, I just had to write a review! The Crown is super smooth, has excellent acceleration, is pretty nimble for being so big, EXTREMELY RELIABLE, has pretty good gas mileage, and is VERY comfortable. Why bother writing a review on a 1993 car in 2009? Because it deserves it. Bought it with over 60k in 1996, and have put nearly 300k MORE MILES on it since. Only had to call AAA once in all these years! And that was for something I should have replaced a long time before that! I have gotten 28 mpg highway, and still get 25 mpg. I used to take naps in there it was so comfortable. To top it off, it is quick - even from 0-69 mph!

p71 police interseptor
By jl121883 on 04/25/09 09:17 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

owned this car from 93k now has 115k most reliable car i have owned never left me stranded. put in full synthetic oil and premium gas and my mpg went from 15 to 20 city have seen 25-32 hwy (32 to ok from sd when first got was drivein by my grandma b4 i owned but i hot roded it around alot and got 25 mpg when moved back 2 years later both trips my car was packed with as much i it could hold) driving interstate from sd to ok only had to replace fuel pump but even going out it never left me stranded drove from ok to ne before replaced just hard start when it got hot out. the stereo having 6x8 at the high midle of the door and 6x9 in the back made 4 great stereo upgrade capability and huge trunk

'93 Crown Vic, bought used
By Fritz P on 10/31/08 05:49 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Have owned for a little over 2 years. Car was well maintained but did have 121,000 miles when purchased. I bought it in North Carolina when I was living there. have lived in ohio before and since. I really like the car and have had to do only routine maintainence thus far. The only drawback is the size, weight and the price of gas!

The perfect size
By keith hall on 11/06/06 19:33 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This 1993 Ford Crown Vic. is the perfect size car for me. It is very maneuverable and solid on the road. It is very comfortable on trips, has plenty of zip,and handles great on corners. At 70 miles an hour I can get between 23 and 26 miles to the gallon of gas on a trip.

Great Car for just $1,000.
By Joseph on 10/06/06 17:24 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I've been driving My Vic for a lil' over 2 years now, paid a $1,000. The only real expense was for tires and had to change out the O2 sensors. Gas isn't too bad; I average about 22 to 28 miles per gallon combined. For a 13 year old car how can anyone complain? The car does smoke a lil' if I slam on the gas but like I said it is 13 years old. Over all an excellent vehicle.

Good Old Crown Vic
By Robert on 08/11/06 21:17 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I've ever had. Its performance is clearly that of a cop car--powerful, fast, and smooth. At 192,000 miles, I had the engine rebuilt. Shortly after that, the odometer broke, and I've put three years more driving on it. My biggest complaint is the power windows kept failing and the power locks were troublesome too. But never any major trouble with it.

Decent Car for the Price
By statesec on 07/17/06 11:15 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Overall this is an excellent car. I am the second owner and bought in '97 so I have nearly a decade of use with it. Overall a reliable car with the following caveats. 92-95 trannies need an overhaul around 90-120k (not a rebuild), valve seals are a weak point on pre '97; should only cost about $800 (dealers will often tell you need a rebuild when you don't), electric windows are weak and the brake/fuel lines can rust out when the cars get older on the pre '98 models (later models use plastic coated lines).

Best car ever
By David on 03/16/06 14:40 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This is by far the best car that I have ever had. My previous cars being a '92 Ford Taurus L Wagon and a '88 Chevrolet Celebrity. Even though this car gets poor gas mileage (about 15 in town and 19 highway), it well makes up for that in all other categories. The 4.6L V-8 really gives it some power. This car was designed to be a police car and it shows it in its performance and reliability.