1992 Ford Crown Victoria 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Vicky is good and dependable

1992 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Review

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Vicky is good and dependable
By aipo86t on

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 103k miles on it. Had it thoroughly serviced and tuned up by my brother a Ford master tech. Plugs, wires a sensor and some vacuum hoses. I also had the transmission fluid flushed to correct a minor shudder in the torque converter. Has been a great car, 20-22 MPG around town, 27-28 on trips. Trunk is huge, will hold more than my minivan on trips. I upgraded the shocks and added a Posi rear-end. The car is a good balance between handling and comfort. I now have 157k miles on the car and plan on keeping it

Favorite Features

The car is tough and dependable, a good balance between performance and comfort, a great highway cruiser and not bad on the twisty back roads. Loads of room, good acceleration great fuel economy. Will run all day with the big dogs.

Suggested Improvements

The interior door panel could be designed better. The radio could be better. Needs a bi-level selection on the HVAC. Heavier duty brakes, I upgraded mine.