1992 Ford Crown Victoria 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 3 years with a $600

1992 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Review

Touring Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

3 years with a $600 Touring Sedan
By StealthCar on

1992 Ford Crown Victoria Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $600 from the original owners. I drove the car daily for a year straight, culminating in 1400 mile round trip from Tampa Bay to N. Carolina and back. The much firmer suspension, which is a bit stiff around town, was right at home on the highway. The car was stable and solid on the highway. The Ford also returned an average of 24.8 mpg on that trip. Upon returning home, I had problems with the rear air suspension and parked it for awhile. I have since converted to conventional springs in back. I still drive the car occasionally, and have no plans to sell it. One of the most nimble and athletic American sedans in its day, it still holds its own 13 years later.

Favorite Features

Superbly comfortable front seats, very good dynamics at higher speeds, amazing fuel mileage for such a large and powerful car, tremendously good brakes. Looks like a cop car, so civilians get out of your way!

Suggested Improvements

I wish the '92s had an off switch for the traction control. The Touring Sedan should have had better (fuller) instrumentation.