1992 Ford Crown Victoria 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great Daily Driver for the

1992 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Great Daily Driver for the Money
By Mikeyp70 on

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Everything I had hoped for and more.This car replaced my 94 Grand Prix that I bought new. New struts for Grand Prix=$650.New shocks for Crown Vic=$150.No problems with engine or trans.Its alot easier to maintain the crown vic. I've only had to put new tires and brakes on in the last 50K miles.Boughtwith 38K for $5000-what a value. Car is great for taking the family places.Getting onto the freeway is effortless and I like the torquey feel of the V8 when taking off from lights.Spent a few extra dollars on aquatred tires-recommend.Better handling and stability on the freeway and they are 90kmi tires.

Favorite Features

Room, Price, Fuel Economy for size 20- 22mpg, ride at highway speeds, acceleration in city traffic, excellent reliability, easy to maintain. Cruises easily at 75mph. 5 star crash rating.

Suggested Improvements

This model year does not have any cup holders.Headliner starts to peel near the rear window especially if you drive with the side windows open. 3M sells an adhesive at autozone. Was able to fix it in 15 minutes.Front headlight lenses have fogged-they sell a polish to fix this.