Classic American Big Car
By Stvkrenim on
1992 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan
Bought used with 80,000 miles! I was hesitant about buying it with such mileage on it, but all I needed was a comfortable car to drive to work. I was pleasantly surprised by the car's refinement, ride comfort and low noise levels. Not a bad car for fuel economy, either, as it consistently averages 25-mpg! That's impressive for such a large and heavy car.
Favorite Features
V8's power and refinement; smooth automatic transmission; super-strong brakes; cavernous interior; gigantic trunk; fuel economy; comfort; ride.
Suggested Improvements
The biggest improvement it needs: better front seats! The front seats are virtually devoid of support!
By olduncledave
on 07/07/12 12:33 PM (PDT)

I've been driving my '92 Crown Vic for eighteen trouble-free years. It's showing its age cosmetically, but mechanically it's still rock solid. I'd feel confident setting off on a cross-country drive. If I won the lottery, I'd get upholstery and a paint job and keep on driving it. My only gripe about it was the stock ignition wires didn't last very long. I solved that by installing high-performance ignition wires. As the first (and best-looking, imo) model year of the last big American sedan, the '92 Crown Vic just might become a classic someday.