Used 1992 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Ford Crown-victoria - Consumer Reviews

1992 Ford Crown Victoria

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

Vicky is good and dependable
By aipo86t

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 103k miles on it. Had it thoroughly serviced and tuned up by my brother a Ford master tech. Plugs, wires a sensor and some vacuum hoses. I also had the transmission fluid flushed to correct a minor shudder in the torque converter. Has been a great car, 20-22 MPG around town, 27-28 on trips. Trunk is huge, will hold more than my minivan on trips. I upgraded the shocks and added a Posi rear-end. The car is a good balance between handling and comfort. I now have 157k miles on the car and plan on keeping it

Favorite Features

The car is tough and dependable, a good balance between performance and comfort, a great highway cruiser and not bad on the twisty back roads. Loads of room, good acceleration great fuel economy. Will run all day with the big dogs.

Suggested Improvements

The interior door panel could be designed better. The radio could be better. Needs a bi-level selection on the HVAC. Heavier duty brakes, I upgraded mine.

Crown Vic
By mymsn

1992 Ford Crown Victoria Touring 4dr Sedan

Very pleased with the car. Quick acceleration, nice handling, and very roomy. This is defintely a car worth buying!

Favorite Features

Mechanically, it runs like a champ and it's a smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

I've had 3 power windows fail and one power door lock.

Bang for the buck.
By crownvicowner

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 with 48K miles for $7200. At over 6' tall, I needed the room the Crown Vic offers. With the fueled-injected v-8, it has plenty of power when needed. The car has 114K miles now and still runs great. Only mechanical work has been 2 headlight switches and a starter. Also the usual brakes and tires. This is my second Crown Vic and when it's time, will be replaced by another.

Favorite Features

I love the leg room. The power seats with lumbar support are very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing comes to mind.

Great Daily Driver for the Money
By Mikeyp70

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Everything I had hoped for and more.This car replaced my 94 Grand Prix that I bought new. New struts for Grand Prix=$650.New shocks for Crown Vic=$150.No problems with engine or trans.Its alot easier to maintain the crown vic. I've only had to put new tires and brakes on in the last 50K miles.Boughtwith 38K for $5000-what a value. Car is great for taking the family places.Getting onto the freeway is effortless and I like the torquey feel of the V8 when taking off from lights.Spent a few extra dollars on aquatred tires-recommend.Better handling and stability on the freeway and they are 90kmi tires.

Favorite Features

Room, Price, Fuel Economy for size 20- 22mpg, ride at highway speeds, acceleration in city traffic, excellent reliability, easy to maintain. Cruises easily at 75mph. 5 star crash rating.

Suggested Improvements

This model year does not have any cup holders.Headliner starts to peel near the rear window especially if you drive with the side windows open. 3M sells an adhesive at autozone. Was able to fix it in 15 minutes.Front headlight lenses have fogged-they sell a polish to fix this.

Great for the money
By D Hopkins

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This Ford Crown Victoria gave excellent performance throughout our ownership of it. We maintained it perfectly and it responded in kind. The BEST part of this car is the engine. Even now it purrs like new.

Favorite Features

Quiet, reliable, powerful engine

Suggested Improvements

Headliner...in South Texas heat, it let loose.