1992 Ford Crown Victoria 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1992 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

Touring Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
3 years with a $600 Touring Sedan
By StealthCar on 09/29/05 15:21 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $600 from the original owners. I drove the car daily for a year straight, culminating in 1400 mile round trip from Tampa Bay to N. Carolina and back. The much firmer suspension, which is a bit stiff around town, was right at home on the highway. The car was stable and solid on the highway. The Ford also returned an average of 24.8 mpg on that trip. Upon returning home, I had problems with the rear air suspension and parked it for awhile. I have since converted to conventional springs in back. I still drive the car occasionally, and have no plans to sell it. One of the most nimble and athletic American sedans in its day, it still holds its own 13 years later.

Good old Vic
By Jerry on 04/23/05 16:58 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria Touring 4dr Sedan

The reason that I bought a Crown Victoria is that my in-laws have owned two in the last 20 years. My father in- law swore by them for their performance and comfort. I also have learned what the cars are like over the years and have come to appreciate them for what they are; comfortable family sedans with a little performance built into them from the factory. They do have a few quirks, like the transmission having to be flushed every 40,000 or so miles. Also the loss of traction in the winter due to the rear wheel drive and quick throttle response. Other than that I think they are very well built cars that still have a full frame under the body. 4 wheel disk brakes rule.

Crown Vic
By mymsn on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria Touring 4dr Sedan

Very pleased with the car. Quick acceleration, nice handling, and very roomy. This is defintely a car worth buying!