1992 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
Great for road trips.
By CrownVicsRock on 06/29/05 16:57 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Bought it used at 14,000 miles for $3500. It used to belong to an old lady who only took it out for short drives, but it was well maintained - no major problems ever. Very comfortable and spacious. Moved myself and all my belongings from Seattle to NYC (the trunk is huge!). Bonus: it looks like a cop car, so people get out of your way all the time. (It's only annoying when they get paranoid and drive extra slow thinking you're about to pull them over.)

Vicky is good and dependable
By aipo86t on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 103k miles on it. Had it thoroughly serviced and tuned up by my brother a Ford master tech. Plugs, wires a sensor and some vacuum hoses. I also had the transmission fluid flushed to correct a minor shudder in the torque converter. Has been a great car, 20-22 MPG around town, 27-28 on trips. Trunk is huge, will hold more than my minivan on trips. I upgraded the shocks and added a Posi rear-end. The car is a good balance between handling and comfort. I now have 157k miles on the car and plan on keeping it

Bang for the buck.
By crownvicowner on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 with 48K miles for $7200. At over 6' tall, I needed the room the Crown Vic offers. With the fueled-injected v-8, it has plenty of power when needed. The car has 114K miles now and still runs great. Only mechanical work has been 2 headlight switches and a starter. Also the usual brakes and tires. This is my second Crown Vic and when it's time, will be replaced by another.

Great Daily Driver for the Money
By Mikeyp70 on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Everything I had hoped for and more.This car replaced my 94 Grand Prix that I bought new. New struts for Grand Prix=$650.New shocks for Crown Vic=$150.No problems with engine or trans.Its alot easier to maintain the crown vic. I've only had to put new tires and brakes on in the last 50K miles.Boughtwith 38K for $5000-what a value. Car is great for taking the family places.Getting onto the freeway is effortless and I like the torquey feel of the V8 when taking off from lights.Spent a few extra dollars on aquatred tires-recommend.Better handling and stability on the freeway and they are 90kmi tires.

Great for the money
By D Hopkins on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This Ford Crown Victoria gave excellent performance throughout our ownership of it. We maintained it perfectly and it responded in kind. The BEST part of this car is the engine. Even now it purrs like new.

Move over 'Tangs
By stimie on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This car is the tall mans ride. By adding a "true" dual exhaust this ride pushes 2002 Mustangs out of the way, and w/3 friends and their luggage. The cop car look clears highway lanes for miles on a clear day!

custom vic lover
By michaelstewart on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

i live in memphis and 1 of the popular cars in memphis is the crown vic.i have a 1992 model with flow masters and it sound like a mustang.i enjoy my vic. i also have 20 inch rims

Classic American Big Car
By Stvkrenim on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Bought used with 80,000 miles! I was hesitant about buying it with such mileage on it, but all I needed was a comfortable car to drive to work. I was pleasantly surprised by the car's refinement, ride comfort and low noise levels. Not a bad car for fuel economy, either, as it consistently averages 25-mpg! That's impressive for such a large and heavy car.

Diamond in the Rough
By Already on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Our Crown Vic has been an exceptional vehicle. We bought the car in 1995 with 40k miles for only $10,700. The car has been very reliable and the only money (other than routine maintenance) that has gone into the car was for broken power windows (they made the motor housing out of plastic!).

best value of the large american cars
By abrinkley on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

10 years with this car and very reliable, excellent handling, comfortable, and SAFE. Best for the money. Would buy another if buying American. Brakes only troublespot--- required periodic adjustments more than average I think.