1992 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
Won't die
By gibby on 07/07/08 21:39 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

Well i bought my Crown Vic last summer and have bagged it to its limits aka ramped it, lots of drifting and gravel drifting, racing where it has hit the rev limiter countless times. The only thing that I have had to do to is change the tires a couple of times, an oil change and changed the brakes. These cars are awesome. The only bad thing is that the body will fall apart before the engine does. Mine has 280k km on it and still goes on road trips and is reliable!

3 years with a $600 Touring Sedan
By StealthCar on 09/29/05 15:21 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $600 from the original owners. I drove the car daily for a year straight, culminating in 1400 mile round trip from Tampa Bay to N. Carolina and back. The much firmer suspension, which is a bit stiff around town, was right at home on the highway. The car was stable and solid on the highway. The Ford also returned an average of 24.8 mpg on that trip. Upon returning home, I had problems with the rear air suspension and parked it for awhile. I have since converted to conventional springs in back. I still drive the car occasionally, and have no plans to sell it. One of the most nimble and athletic American sedans in its day, it still holds its own 13 years later.

Great for road trips.
By CrownVicsRock on 06/29/05 16:57 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Bought it used at 14,000 miles for $3500. It used to belong to an old lady who only took it out for short drives, but it was well maintained - no major problems ever. Very comfortable and spacious. Moved myself and all my belongings from Seattle to NYC (the trunk is huge!). Bonus: it looks like a cop car, so people get out of your way all the time. (It's only annoying when they get paranoid and drive extra slow thinking you're about to pull them over.)

Good old Vic
By Jerry on 04/23/05 16:58 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria Touring 4dr Sedan

The reason that I bought a Crown Victoria is that my in-laws have owned two in the last 20 years. My father in- law swore by them for their performance and comfort. I also have learned what the cars are like over the years and have come to appreciate them for what they are; comfortable family sedans with a little performance built into them from the factory. They do have a few quirks, like the transmission having to be flushed every 40,000 or so miles. Also the loss of traction in the winter due to the rear wheel drive and quick throttle response. Other than that I think they are very well built cars that still have a full frame under the body. 4 wheel disk brakes rule.

great car
By engine5wfd on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

this is a great car, rock solid build quality, never suffered a breakdownd, 176,000 miles and the motor runs like new, minor rattles in front end, seats a little uncomfortable in front, overall a good buy for a reliable, made a trip to new york, about 400 miles round trip, i averaged, 27.3 miles to the gallon at 75 mph, regular gas!!!!, im impressed, will buy another one when the time comes.

Vicky is good and dependable
By aipo86t on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 103k miles on it. Had it thoroughly serviced and tuned up by my brother a Ford master tech. Plugs, wires a sensor and some vacuum hoses. I also had the transmission fluid flushed to correct a minor shudder in the torque converter. Has been a great car, 20-22 MPG around town, 27-28 on trips. Trunk is huge, will hold more than my minivan on trips. I upgraded the shocks and added a Posi rear-end. The car is a good balance between handling and comfort. I now have 157k miles on the car and plan on keeping it

Crown Vic
By mymsn on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria Touring 4dr Sedan

Very pleased with the car. Quick acceleration, nice handling, and very roomy. This is defintely a car worth buying!

Bang for the buck.
By crownvicowner on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 with 48K miles for $7200. At over 6' tall, I needed the room the Crown Vic offers. With the fueled-injected v-8, it has plenty of power when needed. The car has 114K miles now and still runs great. Only mechanical work has been 2 headlight switches and a starter. Also the usual brakes and tires. This is my second Crown Vic and when it's time, will be replaced by another.

Great Daily Driver for the Money
By Mikeyp70 on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Everything I had hoped for and more.This car replaced my 94 Grand Prix that I bought new. New struts for Grand Prix=$650.New shocks for Crown Vic=$150.No problems with engine or trans.Its alot easier to maintain the crown vic. I've only had to put new tires and brakes on in the last 50K miles.Boughtwith 38K for $5000-what a value. Car is great for taking the family places.Getting onto the freeway is effortless and I like the torquey feel of the V8 when taking off from lights.Spent a few extra dollars on aquatred tires-recommend.Better handling and stability on the freeway and they are 90kmi tires.

Great for the money
By D Hopkins on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

This Ford Crown Victoria gave excellent performance throughout our ownership of it. We maintained it perfectly and it responded in kind. The BEST part of this car is the engine. Even now it purrs like new.