2000 Ford Contour Consumer Review: Best car I've ever driven

2000 Ford Contour - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Best car I've ever driven
By Daniel on

2000 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2004 with 35,000 miles, now it has 79,000 and the only problem I've had was the fuel pump went out at 52,000 miles. Other than that only routine maintenance: oil changes, plugs, tires, etc. Now some parts are wearing, but the car is 10 yrs old so its expected. Great car I love it. Unfortunately somebody ran a red light and plowed the right side totaling the car. However it still drives and is reliable. I'm getting a 98 Contour but still plan to keep my 00 contour for backup.

Favorite Features

Reliable. Perfect for long trips. Great gas mileage. Comfortable. Few problems for a cheaper car. Great handling. Seats go all the way back. Huge trunk. Large gas tank at 15.4 gallons. Easy to see out of. Power everything. Decent speakers for stock. Cold A/C.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room for tall people like me. Even in 2000, who used cassette players? Should have all come with stock CD players. Shouldn't have placed the fuel pump inside the gas tank. Ford needs to bring the Contour back!
By dm18
on 10/12/11 18:39 PM (PDT)

my fuel pump went as well. Your lucky to get to 52,000 my engine died at 51,000.