2000 Ford Contour - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Contour model:
On Second Thought...
By Michelle in Columbus on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

Well, first there was the recall on the dashboard part. Then the trunk was leaking, very bad. The board in the bottom of the trunk is forever warped. Then there's the weather stripping trim of the door that keeps coming off and I enjoy the whistle of the wind as I drive down the road. I also have more trim around the windows that keeps popping up. And now I have to take it in because of a loud humming or buzz I hear when it's cold. I've always driven Ford and never had problems like this. And these are more of an annoyance than anything, but I still wouldn't buy another Contour.

The performance in this car is great
By Irfan Rahim on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2000 Contour Se Sport on April 27, 2002. I traded in my 96 Old Cutlass Supreme for it. I have have the 2.5 24 valve Duratec V-6 (which is standard for that year). I'm surprised that it has a lot of standard features including power, windows, lock, mirrors, cruise control, tilt steering wheel, 15 inch alloy wheels, and premium am/fm cd player. I like the way the car handles. It can go from 0-60 in about 8.5 seconds. It responds a hell of a lot better than my oldsmobile.

sleeper
By zzoom1 on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

The SE Sport is a true sleeper car. It's my second Contour and so far has been as reliable as my first one. Great accelleration and the exhaust sounds good as well. It's comfortable and handles extremely well. The best thing-it's invisible to police.

electrical nightmare from hell
By rjsindy on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

this car has been in the shop at least once a month for the last year with engine electrical problems. When I have asked the service writers if this is normal, their response is "thats why they stopped making them"

This car is great
By ContourLover on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

I have now owned my Contour for about a year and I have had the time of my life. My parents got it for me assuming it was a little wimpy Contour but they dont know what they got me. I love my car dearly it feels like I am driving a race car because it has such good low end torque and gives me good accel to race. Z28s Mustangs and other cars have a lot higher top speed but i have kept up with plenty of Mustangs off lights 0-50 and you dont get much of a chance to race higher than that with so many cops now. I have raced alot of cars and suprised them becasue they thought it was a lousy four banger but they got messed up for example aleros and stuff.