2000 Ford Contour 2.5L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 2

2000 Ford Contour - Consumer Reviews

SE Sport Sedan (2.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Contour model:
Contour.. the under rated Sport Compact
By Guildpilot on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

Well, I must say that I have enjoyed my ownership if this car so far. I have the V6 and it's perfomance is great. Power when you need it w/ a nice growl.The handling is awesome.It stays glued to the road and is very predictable.Being a car nut and I have to say the Contour, especially in SE Sport trim has beat all within $3-4k of the price.I get great&unheard of fuel economy w/ it. I average 30-32 hwy & city combined.The worst thing that has happened w/ this car is the fuel pump went bad at 60k..They are WELL underpriced compared to the Cavaliers & Neons , Etc. out there.They don't have half the performance and comfort the Contour has.

good
By xavia2 on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

This is in my experience a pretty good car. I have not heared any complaints. If you live on dirt road, the struts can be costly Apr. 1000 for all 4 with alignment Im going in for the first time in 5 years.

Great Little Econo-Sport Sedan
By kent4978798 on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

I've had my 99 SE Sport for 4 years now and have enjoyed it the whole time. I've had no major problems (knock on wood) except for a slight deformation in the dashboard, which I realized too late was a recall item that I never took advantage of. It's a great drive.

Great Car!!!
By karilyn1982 on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

I recently bought a used 2000 Ford Contour SE Sport. V6 2.4 liter Duratec engine. Very nice ride so far...have had NO problems. Rides like a dream.

Not Bad
By ALS on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

This is a company owned vehicle, which I got new in 2000. Its up to 110,000 hard driven miles and still going strong. Only problem has been replacement of fuel pump (2 so far), winshield wipers broke, and several bad pieces of interior and exterior trim have come loose/broke/fallen off. There is now alot of squeaking/moaning/groaning coming from its underside, despite recent replacement of all struts and and misc other suspension components. It did have serious handling problems in heavy rain and snow util I went with Aqua- Treads, now its glued to the road. The v-6 still has its bite despite the high mileage.

We like the Contour SE Sport
By Dave in Michigan on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

We love the moon roof, the 32 valve V6 in a light car gives good fuel economy and acceleration. Handling is OK, fairly quick steering, firm but not harsh suspension. Body seems solid, but there is a bad dash rattle. Size is just right for city traffic, not too small. Good visibility on lane changes and cruises well on interstate.

Teen's outlook
By Teenager2 on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

Overall a fun car to drive. A few lil ford problems here and there but a great value. Very nice perfromance on the road. Nice brakes. For a teen, it's a great car.

Good Car
By Joe17fl on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

I've had mine a month now and no major problems yet.

A Great Vehicle
By IInfinity on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

I love my contour sport - it is fun, yet classy! It most certainly feels sporty, and hugs corners quite well, it also handles WNY winters with ease (which is saying something). Contrary to other reviews, the vehicle has more than enough passenger space. The lunch crew(3 tall, broad-shouldered men fit comfortably). I also use the vehicle for carting around Girl Scout supplies and helpers without trouble. If you really want a family car, buy a Taurus, which is also a wonderful vehicle and will give you even more passenger space if that's what you're looking for.

Good Car - Great Handling
By JE on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 4dr Sedan

I had this car for about 6 months. I never had any problems with it and liked it. I got in an accident and was hit on the front passenger side door. Fortunately, everyone was perfectly fine (including the front passenger) - maybe that is a testament to the safetiness (the car was considered totalled - yet still drivable).