Used 2000 Ford Contour SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Contour Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Contour model:

FORD FOUND ON ROAD DEAD LITERALLY!!!!!
By countourhater

2000 Ford Contour Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

What bad things can I not say about this car. I bought this car for almost $10,000 in 2008 with only 86000 miles. Within a matter or weeks of buying this car my spark plug popped out of the engine. It didn't stop there. Less than a year later my head gasket blew 100miles away from my home and luckly drove back but ate gas up all the way home. I had 3 wheel bearings replace. The car died right in the middle of the road beccause the Transmission died while in Drive. The starter died. Fuel pump died in a parking lot. A hose deteriated and made the car stall out. This car has cost me an arm and a leg for the loan but mostly in the cost of repairs. All theses probs occured b4 car could reach 150K

none

everything

Alot of problems with this car
By garyd6

2000 Ford Contour Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car for $5000 in March of 2006. Since then I have put $9,100 in maintenance and repairs. This car has been very problematic and I can't get rid of it. The condenser leaks. The A/C compressor leaks. The exhaust manifold gasket, timing cover gasket, valve cover gasket are all seeping or making noise. The car has $185,000 miles on it.

Awesome
By sals

2000 Ford Contour Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

My wife and I love this car. It won't die! Still starts every time with 280,000+ miles on her! Besides the normal maint. we've had to put a fuel pump on it at about 140,000. The way it's going I don't think 300,000 miles is too far from its future. American cars do last if you take care of em and do the preventative maint. like you should on every car.

reliability. never been stranded with this car

cup holder placement awful!

Best car I've ever driven
By Daniel

2000 Ford Contour Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2004 with 35,000 miles, now it has 79,000 and the only problem I've had was the fuel pump went out at 52,000 miles. Other than that only routine maintenance: oil changes, plugs, tires, etc. Now some parts are wearing, but the car is 10 yrs old so its expected. Great car I love it. Unfortunately somebody ran a red light and plowed the right side totaling the car. However it still drives and is reliable. I'm getting a 98 Contour but still plan to keep my 00 contour for backup.

Reliable. Perfect for long trips. Great gas mileage. Comfortable. Few problems for a cheaper car. Great handling. Seats go all the way back. Huge trunk. Large gas tank at 15.4 gallons. Easy to see out of. Power everything. Decent speakers for stock. Cold A/C.

More leg room for tall people like me. Even in 2000, who used cassette players? Should have all come with stock CD players. Shouldn't have placed the fuel pump inside the gas tank. Ford needs to bring the Contour back!

I love this car
By aking1

2000 Ford Contour Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have driven many cars that were great, but none greater than this car. Even though this car is a 2000, and I have driven many recent cars, it is my favorite. It has a lot of interior room that I am able to play my guitar in it during lunch breaks. Besides my truck, this is my reliable vehicle.

My favorite features has got to be everything that came in my 2000 Ford Contour SE; especially the Duratech 2.5L V6 24 valve DOHC engine.

Heated mirrors would have been nice.

• SUV